Quantcast

My first video(s?)

Backyard

Chimp
Sep 27, 2010
Hi guys. I have posted here a few times, but since I am posting a video I may as well post up a bit more about myself.

I'm 16, I live in Maine and I race XC for my school. I had a chance to ride some moderate/easy downhill trails this last weekend and I took it. This is just a clip from one of our runs but I am the one that is filming and I am following my friend Ben. That is only the second time I have ridden that trail but it's about the 100th for my friend. I was riding my Kona one20 deluxe but had a single speed wheel on the back from my dirt jump bike, and the same with my front wheel, I took them off the DJ mostly because of the tires (didn't have time to just switch them over the night before). If you can suggest an audio track to go with the video, please do as I can't seem to find any decent ones and the GoPro didn't give very good audio.

I will be posting more clips and a longer video from the weekend soon.

CLIP 1 : This was filmed in North Conway, NH on the Red Tail trail.

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Good stuff man. It's always cool to step out of your comfort zone and try something a little out of the norm every once in a while. Glad to see you getting stoked on the DH trails, hope you stick around.

Backyard

Chimp
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks guys :) I really like DH biking like this, I have a lot more video from that day that I will be editing tonight and putting up.

Working on the second video of a completely different trail we rode the same day, will be finishing it soon and will upload for tonight!

Last edited:

Backyard

Chimp
Sep 27, 2010
Second video is up!

Check it out, opinions are great :)
Music choice isn't so great haha...oh wait it's not even working -.-

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Nice editing. Pretty gnarly stuff for an XC dude:D They kid on the Glory didnt look very happy with the uphill sections:( Good vid though, next time maybe clear the trail first so you know where youre goin:thumb:

Backyard

Chimp
Sep 27, 2010
Nice editing. Pretty gnarly stuff for an XC dude:D They kid on the Glory didnt look very happy with the uphill sections:( Good vid though, next time maybe clear the trail first so you know where youre goin:thumb:
Haha, yeah it's not our trail. We had not ridden it and we didn't know if it would be cleared or not, just to find it (since it's a locals only trail) we had to search for about 15 minutes in the rough location of the starting point. But it looked clear at the top and we realllly didn't want to go back up, from the start of the video it was at least a 20 minute walk back to the closest trail. I can't wait to do more DH :D