Quantcast

my fork is making a squishy sound!

mr_swanks

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Melb, Aus
heya... been a lurker here for a while, so this is my first post here :D ... anyhoo this is about a problem ive been havin with my forks(dunno if it is even, just sounds bad)... ive got some 01 RS Psylo SL's and theve just recently started making this noisy squishy sound in the dampening stanction whenever there compressed... it sorta sounds like theres air or sumthing in there and there's air bubbles forming or sumthing... i hope u know what i mean.... ive lubed the stanctions twice with some teflon based lube, i read on the RS website somewhere that this is a good thing, hope i havnt buggered it...

if someone could tell me what i should do id be eternally grateful :help:

G

grommet

Dude...my Psylo's just start the doing same thing. I'm going to tear them apart tomorrow and change the oil, as there may be water in them. I've been riding in the rain for a week now(^$$#%%^ Vancouver weather). How long have you been riding on them for?

mr_swanks

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Melb, Aus
there pretty new... just got a sweet deal on old seasons stock... bout 1 month old now... okay i got the tuning tips manual for psylo SL's and they specifically say its good to lube the stanctions(upper legs) with teflon based lube, so that aint the prob.... but they said that air bubbles must be bled outa the fork, this is in the "PURE dampener manual" so im guessing that a overhaul is in order.... tho i just bought em ffs, this is stoopid... makes me wonder if they are used or sumthin....

Z

Zonic Man

Oil= Squishy sound.

Your fork is fine. Open bath (hydracoil or the like) makes that noise as the fork cycles.

mr_swanks

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Melb, Aus
but its never made the noise b4 .... come to think of it its not a squishy sound more like a squelchy :) .... time for a trip to LBS.... thanx for your help anyhoo...

G

gravity

take it to VicMTB, who r expensive but know what they're doin, or another reputable RS dealer such as the Melbourne Bicycle Centre. Where bouts in melbourne r ya?

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Just overhauled my Psylo damper last night. Hey it was rainning in North Van. Its an easy job, but messy. Do it in the garage. I think you may have some air in there. After I did mine the play in the fork went away!!! And the lockout is more solid. Hmmmmm. We'll see if its the same after a ride.

mr_swanks

Chimp
Oct 17, 2001
Melb, Aus
spoke to ppl i bought it off... city cycles... anyhoo they said basically "nothing outa the ordinary, quit ya bitchin" but more importantly they said "nothin will break if there IS air in there" so i think ill be lazy and leave it like that till it comes time to overhaul...