Quantcast

My Forums Organization Input

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
I am indeed a relative newbie, and these are only my personal ideas, but let me know what you think. I think it would be very efficient. Kick-ass forum as is, btw.

I would get rid of the Trails forum, since it never gets used, firstly. Trails could be XC or DJ, in which case they could go in each respective forum.

Then I'd add a Cross Country forum and a Singlespeed forum. Then you've got equal exposure for pretty much all regular forms of mountain biking. Also, I think this forum has more 'personality' than any other bike forum I've been to, so singlespeeding would go awesome here. To streamline it back down to a reasonable amount of forums, I'd axe the Racing forum, since it could now be split into its respective forums (I am sure a lot of racing posting would be in the XC forum). I'd leave the 24h/Endurance forum, since that's a whole other fish altogether.

Then you've got the Lounge, where everyone gathers, and equal forum coverage for each respective group. While the Lounge and Racing forums do give you places to post XC stuff, it's hard to call any of them 'home' for it, knowadaymean?

Let me know what you think! :)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
I am indeed a relative newbie, and these are only my personal ideas, but let me know what you think. I think it would be very efficient. Kick-ass forum as is, btw.

I would get rid of the Trails forum, since it never gets used, firstly. Trails could be XC or DJ, in which case they could go in each respective forum.

Then I'd add a Cross Country forum and a Singlespeed forum. Then you've got equal exposure for pretty much all regular forms of mountain biking. Also, I think this forum has more 'personality' than any other bike forum I've been to, so singlespeeding would go awesome here. To streamline it back down to a reasonable amount of forums, I'd axe the Racing forum, since it could now be split into its respective forums (I am sure a lot of racing posting would be in the XC forum). I'd leave the 24h/Endurance forum, since that's a whole other fish altogether.

Then you've got the Lounge, where everyone gathers, and equal forum coverage for each respective group. While the Lounge and Racing forums do give you places to post XC stuff, it's hard to call any of them 'home' for it, knowadaymean?

Let me know what you think! :)
good ideas...I would also squeeze both snowboard forums together, since there's not much traffic there.... and get rid of the beginner forum all together...If beginners need help they could just post it in the respective forum that addresses the topic.

I would do the same to the mechanics Q@A forum for the same reasons as I stated concerning the beginner forum.....this would probly increase the chances of a response for the person posting the question since there would be more traffic.....

Tech talk could also be elimintated...I have noticed at least in the Dh forum that when folks have a tech talk issue they just post it there anyway...again consolidationg and increasing traffic in a certain forums....JMO.....D

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
:thumb:

I agree with you on those points, BMXman. I think Mech. Q&A could certainly be eliminated and just use Tech Talk, if RM wants to keep it. Maybe it should be more of a new products forum or somethin, since it would be nice to make the respective mtb forums more technical anyway :)