Quantcast

My friend died this morning

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My friend Will died this morning. People from Connecticut might have heard about his accident, a new WRX flipped in Durham two weeks ago, and Will was in the passenger seat. He was in a coma since then and his family took him off life support last night.

He was a riding buddy of mine, and we going to do the Vernon 2 Vernon century, funny enough originally schedule for this weekend.

I remember when I first met him: I was working a huge insurance company in Middletown, and I hated most of the people I worked with. Someone mentioned the intern who just moved near me like bikes, and I was like, whatever. Soon enough, we start having lunch every day and riding together.

About 2 months before met me, he had just put together a new hardtail, which was a lesson on how not to do it: Nashbar frame, a new Judy fork, prebuilt wheels from China, and his shop had all kinds of issues installing the wrong sized parts. I used to joke how he made a huge mistake meeting me 2 months too late. I was going to get him a new Superlight to replace that turd.

Anyway, I don't mean to bring my problems up. I am still trying to figure out about flying back to Connecticut.

Thanks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jeez that sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences go out to you and Will's family and other friends.

FWIW I can sorta understand what you're going through, one of my favorite roommates from college died in a car accident back in March.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry for both you and his family... Good luck with that trip to CT :(

You might want to ask Shrymp if she had any luck with berevement discounts with the airlines.

My condolances...

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I'm soooooooo sorry to hear. I'm from CT but not around that area. I didn't hear about it. If you need any info or just need to talk...please don't hesitate to PM me. I'll send you my phone number. Hang in there. And make sure you take care of yourself!!! :heart:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
sanjuro said:
He was a riding buddy of mine, and we going to do the Vernon 2 Vernon century, funny enough originally schedule for this weekend.
I'm sorry for your loss but 100 miles in the saddle should be enough time to remember the good times you had.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Thanks for your nice messages. It is going to be a rough time. He was going to get married during the winter, and he and his fiancee just bought a house together.

I just don't know what to say or do when I get to Connecticut.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
just help out the family in what ever way you can.. that is the best thing to do.... the rest will come on its own.

Sad news indeed... :(

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
sanjuro said:
He was going to get married during the winter, and he and his fiancee just bought a house together.
Salt on the wound.

Hopefully one day, you can look back on his life and be thankful that he found his true love. Saddly enough, many people will go through life without having had that experience.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
sanjuro said:
Thanks for your nice messages. It is going to be a rough time. He was going to get married during the winter, and he and his fiancee just bought a house together.

I just don't know what to say or do when I get to Connecticut.
Nobody ever really does, you just try to help as best you can. Sorry to hear about the loss of your freind sanjuro.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I went to work on 4 hours of sleep (luckily, not because of the news, I found that out after I woke up), proceeded to get more work done on Friday then the rest of the week because I asked my co-workers for privacy!

I got home, ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's, tried to get drunk, and today I am back working again.

Now I am doing fine, but now I am in communication with a lot of old friends who I have not talked with since leaving Connecticut. It is a sad day. You realize that you do leave legacy as a person, and my friend Will left a strong one. He was a good caring person, eager to a fault, and a good friend to many.

I realized that his old job involved with office moves, something which happened frequently at the HQ for a huge company. He probably worked with a thousand people, and they were lucky to have him involved. Later he moved to a tool company in national sales, and he probably dealt with another thousand people, and they probably felt the same way.

He is already missed.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, It's good to know you're loved. Sometimes people just forget to show it when you are alive. I hope you know you are loved Steve! and not just by your nephew...
Thanks Heath.

I was just talking to a sales clerk who showed nothing but indifference. I wanted to tell her about my friend, but it is really is her loss that she never met him, and it is sad she is nothing like him.