Quantcast

My friend just had her bike stolen

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
My friend Kas just had her bike jacked. I built it up for her for next to nothing, but it was a pretty tight little trail bike. If anyone has a size small bike hanging around that you could unload for cheap, please give me a shout. She's in Buffalo but shipping wouldn't be a big deal for the right bike.

Thanks a ton,
-Dave

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Thievery is sooo vile. My 4-year old got busted by her mom pilfering candy from the grocery store aisle yesterday and got the shock of her natural life when my wife turned the car around and drove back to the scene of the crime. One tearful apology later, I believe my daughter now better appreciates Commandment VIII.

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
She called me up crying about it. I wasn't worried about the bike at all since I had put so little into it. Mostly it's just a hassle. I just want to chill her out about it. Poor thing.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Whilst were talking about stealing some****er walked on site today and robed my ****ing transformer bastards

Hope your friend gets her bike back

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Just curious, how did it get stolen?

A buddy of mine had his new hardtail stolen the first day he locked it outside. He won't be using a cable lock ever again...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
w00dy said:
She called me up crying about it. I wasn't worried about the bike at all since I had put so little into it. Mostly it's just a hassle. I just want to chill her out about it. Poor thing.
sounds like you put more into it than you realize.
soul outweighs $$$ everytime.

bad karma to the one that made her cry. :mumble:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I stripped a Raleigh hardtail a few years back for parts... still have the frame in my garage (BB included, square taper). I'll check size when I get home... I can't remember if it was a small or a medium. I was going to do a spare parts build on it just for sh!ts and giggles but that sounds like a more worthy cause.

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
I've had a couple of generous offers, but a little too high end. I'll bump this to the surface once more before I let it sink.

If anyone has an old small or medium hardtail frame that they're not using please shoot me a PM.

Thanks a ton,
Dave