Quantcast

My garage door tried to kill me

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I just got back from a ride and was opening the garage door (it's an automatic one) to get in the house. The freakin garbage dudes didn't come today so there was a bunch of crap in front of the door and not much room to move.

I was taking my gloves off and felt something pull on my back. I looked back just in time to see a strap from my Camelbak being taken up by a handle on the door. A second later, the door motor stopped because it couldn't pull me any higher- my toes are barely touching the ground, I can barely breathe and the straps are too tight to undo them. After a few seconds of struggling (felt like 10 minutes), I got the waist strap undone...good....except that the door then kept going up and the sternum strap went around my neck, completely choking me. The shoulder straps were so tight that I couldn't move my arms either.

Luckily, I was able to eventually slip out of the straps even with my helmet on....the whole time I was thinking how lame it would be if the freakin garage door took me out....

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Glad to hear you're okay. Death would've been decidedly bad.

Recent studies have shown that garage doors hate freedom. It's science.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Changleen said:
Sorry, I'm glad you're OK, but that made me laugh! :rofl:

Sorry dude, that is funny. What did you do to tick off your garage door? Better make nice with it or it might get you next time.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Time to reset the 'up' sensitivity?
That sounds like a sweet vid for "Youtube.com".

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hahaha glad you didn't kick the bucket!:rofl:

Oh and when i almost drown river rafting i was thinking the same thing. How boring the ride was and how lame it was i was on my way out doing something so lame...:)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exactly why you should ride with a weapon. You could have blasted away at the opener with a .44 magnum and taught it a lesson. It might have still killed you but at least you would have taken it with you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Exactly why you should ride with a weapon. You could have blasted away at the opener with a .44 magnum and taught it a lesson. It might have still killed you but at least you would have taken it with you.
:rofl: Now there's an image I approve of! :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Jeremy R said:
Its always the garbage men's fault.
My grandfather was a garbage man. I don't think he ever tried to hang anyone?? He just would run them over or smash into thier cars.