Quantcast

My Ghetto Ridemonkey Hardtail

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I have been limited to riding around town and my Evo (much thanks to Oly) it has been a great frame but was really ill suited for a townie, jumping, running to the store bike.

I have been really lucky to score some great deals from people on this site and with a few purchases I was able to get a bike put together that will allow me to ride more in town.

I purchased this fine K2 Brass Monkey frame from ArEM7, he tossed in a thompson seat post and the disk brake adaptor and a Isis bottom bracket for a $100.

I had a 'zocchi air fork that the legendary Serial Midget gave me for a graduation present last summer. $0

I used my old XT/Rhino Lite wheel set, last spring Jonikl relaced my hub on to a new rim, but not counting that I think I paid less than a $100 for the set, but for life of me I can't remember from who, but it was a monkey.

After my bike was stolen a few years ago RatFarmer hooked me up with a ton of parts for a song. I'm using the rear derailuer and I think maybe the wheels came from him too.

The crankset, a Deore??? was from Oly, $20 or something, maybe beer.

I went to Supergo in the U district last week and bought a 50mm stem and DH bar for $25. It's their Weyless house brand cheap stuff, but it works.

Tires were from Oly's reject tire pile, maybe $5 or beer, or heck he may have just given them to me.

I bought new cables from Joyride in Lacey, I spyed some Azonic platform pedals and in a moment of weakness bought them. I ended up dropping $80 total from the cables, pedals, and some grease that day.

The saddle is a WTB Oly gave me.

All in all less than $400 total I have cool hardtail.

Much thanks to all who have helped out by selling me or in some cases giving me parts.

If anyone is need of a single pivot squishy bike, I have the medium Evo frame,
I could be compelled to give it away to a recent bike theft victim or worthy noob who needs a frame. I have a bb, and some really bitching red anodised sqaure taper Carumba double barrell cranks that would go with it.