Quantcast

My Halloween Weekend Schedule (xc and cross both on Saturday)

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
So it just came to my attention while doing some scheduling that I will be competing in a 12 hour xc race and the 1st cross race of the season.

Here's the lowdown:

Saturday
Get up around 8:00 and leave by 10:00 travel two hours to Johnson City for cross race. Here's the link: http://www.tcrc1.homestead.com/cyclocross/series_info.html)

12:00 - 1:00 race prep
1:00 A group race starts (60min + 3)
2:30 Finish race
3:00 get on the road to Haw Ridge to race the 12 hour which started at 11:00am
5:00 Get to Haw Ridge and get with team and start my laps. (www.highland-adventures.com)

Sunday
Go to Windrock for Dh
Leave Windrock and goto mtnx track for some end of the day shredding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Right now I plan on doing a 6 hour race that runs from 4:00-10:00 then driving an hour to a 12 hour race that starts at midnight. The pain and stupidity levels will be off the chart.

Sounds like you will be attempting something just as stupid.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Westy said:
Right now I plan on doing a 6 hour race that runs from 4:00-10:00 then driving an hour to a 12 hour race that starts at midnight. The pain and stupidity levels will be off the chart.

Sounds like you will be attempting something just as stupid.
Yeah, I am getting stoked for sure but I don't have to worry about sleep deprivation! Are you running solo or with a team?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
spoke80 said:
Yeah, I am getting stoked for sure but I don't have to worry about sleep deprivation! Are you running solo or with a team?
Not sure yet. Might do the 6 solo and a 2 man for the 12. Will probably make the decision at the last minute depending on who else shows up for the race. I want to minimize getting my ass kicked and maximize my ass kicking.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Yeah I got 2 'cross races that weekend as well. Saturday's is 2 hours away, and Sunday's is 4 hours away. Plus being in college, and it being Halloween, I'm sure the booze will be flowing liberally Fri and Sat nights. It's gonna be beer, bikes, and pain for a solid 48 hours. :help: