Quantcast

My heart is very heavy today......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
(DISCLAIMER-- This is NOT meant to be a downer/depressing post, though after reading it, some of you may feel that that is my intent. It is not. All of you have shown me support, and I feel comfortable posting here.)

7:35 a.m. marked the 3rd year that Alaina has been in Heaven. I am amazed that I've even made it this long, as there have been many, many times I've wanted to join her, and have thought about how to accomplish that. I guess that's why I feel I can't be around guns at all any more. Remove the tool, work around the problem.

I went out this morning to be with Alaina, and right after 7:35, released a balloon in her honor. It floated northerly (what was the name of the Good Witch in Wizard of Oz?). There were also rain/snow clouds over the mountains, and a rainbow began to form. After a bit, it was complete, and even started a double rainbow. I think Alaina was helping to pour out the rain (plug for a favorite song-- name it and the singer).

So much has happened these past years, even this past month-ish. Relationship with wife and her kids has fallen, stress over money increased, and I've picked some pretty bad videos to watch (ok, lame try at humor). I'm really thinking of staying south after 24IOP, though I need to do a bit of personal "research" before making that decision.

While remembering the times with Alaina, a couple that came to mind did make me laugh. First, while we were getting ready for our shower one night (she was about a year old), we were both undressed, waiting for the water to heat up. I started to feel water running down my leg, and realized Alaina was peeing on me. Finally, my "official" introduction to fatherhood. I thought it was the greatest feeling ever! Another involved surgery. I'm a BIG Arizona fan (D-backs, Suns, Cardinals, Sun Devils). When the D-backs won the Series, I was jumping around the house, only to rupture my Achilles tendon. Before wheeling me into surgery 2 days later, Alaina kissed my tendon for good luck. The doc said, "Now I'm in trouble. I better do a good job". Well, he did.

Regardless of what happens, I feel the 24IOP will be more mental than physical for me. Granted, I also feel my heart is ready, and my body will just have to hold up.

Thank you, Monkeys, for giving me the space to share.

Shawn
Alaina's daddy

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm sorry for your loss bro, but don't compound it by losing the rest of your family. If you want to stay with your wife, come right out and tell her that you're depressed, that you're gonna get professional help and that things will get better.

Doing nothing means you're voluntarily choosing divorce. Cuz I just told you that will in fact happen and you now have a definitive choice to make.

Choose to live your life.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hang in there bro.. i cant even begin to imagine how it feels.. just hang in there.. she is in a far better place...I think of you often.. whenever i see your username.. i remeber the story from Dirtragforums.. May god be with you

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Yeah man,

My dad passed away when I was 8, too this day I still don't remember much about him at all, I don;t even remmember the date he died or anything, no real memories or anything. I tried to put it passed me and move on which effects me now. Its still hard to come out and tell people he has passed away too. But that is personal info not everyone needs to know, I know how your feeling man, it was rough the 1st couple of years, I didn't sleep for about 2 weeks after because I was sleeping in the same room and I was terrified (being so young.)

Taking your life is dumb, I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone to do so for me if I passed away....

Dan

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
wow, I lost my dad when I was 25yo... that was rough. I hope you found a substitute father-figure cuz an 8 yo kid needs one.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
LordOpie said:
wow, I lost my dad when I was 25yo... that was rough. I hope you found a substitute father-figure cuz an 8 yo kid needs one.
Nothin yet.

Im 17 now and doing fine I guess.

Dan