Quantcast

My Hollowpoint Has Been Skookified!!! (pics)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Last Saturday the FedEx man dropped off a package for me and inside was a 2003 Z1 SL I bought used from Skookum - fork was packed well and came with the little Zoke Air adaptor as well.

Skookum was a pleasure to deal with and he gets two thumbs up from me as a seller. :thumb: :thumb:

Took a bit to get the air dialed in - but I think I'm pretty close. I took it out for a little spin (actually mostly on the road) last night and it felt good. Definitely light years stiffer than the Psylo it replaces and the ECC feature is nice for climbs. The geometry didn't feel whacked out at all either and the front end is pretty easy to get up still. I think it's going to work out well on this bike which will serve as my aggressive trail bike.

Now for a few pics.

Drive side:

Full Frontal:

Angled shot from the back:

Non-Drive Side:

I really like this bike. I'm pretty sure I need to take two or three links out of the chain, but other than that it's working great! :love:

Thanks again Skookum! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Nice bling Mark! It matches your tires. :cool:
Actually it's the other way around Tigg. But couldn't pass up on the deal for two of those Panaracers - I've heard lots of good things about them from Jozz and IAB and Jollytime and others so I thought this was a perfect time to order em up and give em a shot.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Actually it's the other way around Tigg. But couldn't pass up on the deal for two of those Panaracers - I've heard lots of good things about them from Jozz and IAB and Jollytime and others so I thought this was a perfect time to order em up and give em a shot.
Cool. I had a pair last year and loved them.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well the red looks good. i use to have one of those in silver, red is much better. have fun!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Did you read the text or just look at the photos?? :mumble:

Where are the pics of your MKiii Mr? :oink:
I'm to busy riding to take pics.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
seriously, have you had it on any trails for any length of time?
Not yet - just some short singletrack stuff here and there but nothing real technical or rooty or rocky.Could be tonight (although I may just ride the road bike) - and definitely will be on Friday for a ride with MBC, IAB and possibly Laura as well.

When are you picking up that Plotter? Meet the seller in Farmington, bring your bike and we'll hit the Reservoir! :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Not yet - just some short singletrack stuff here and there but nothing real technical or rooty or rocky.Could be tonight (although I may just ride the road bike) - and definitely will be on Friday for a ride with MBC, IAB and possibly Laura as well.

When are you picking up that Plotter? Meet the seller in Farmington, bring your bike and we'll hit the Reservoir! :cool:
won't be for atleast a week. What time are you guys riding on Friday?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
5:30ish. I have a 4:00 haircut then I have to get to the Reservoir.
Sorry I have to laugh. You just posted on the internet you have a hair appointment. :D :dancing:

I shouldn't say anything though. I look homeless 90% of the time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Looks sweet Mark.
Hope the fork tuning suggestions helped!
Your best suggestion was to get a good pump - which I need to do still.

My shock pump is a good one - but it is not good for the low pressures that need to go into the positive air chambers of the SL.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
Your best suggestion was to get a good pump - which I need to do still.

My shock pump is a good one - but it is not good for the low pressures that need to go into the positive air chambers of the SL.
Could you use a floor pump?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Sorry I have to laugh. You just posted on the internet you have a hair appointment. :D :dancing:

I shouldn't say anything though. I look homeless 90% of the time.
I don't trust those walk-in places. They are hair butchers. :D I go the same woman for all my haircuts and she only takes appointments.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah really you schedule a haircut........ that is funny!

I dont' work friday and I'm riding Stewart. To bad you guys are working.....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
I don't trust those walk-in places. They are hair butchers. :D I go the same woman for all my haircuts and she only takes appointments.
just buzz it... you can do it yourself at home and save yourself the $20 or whatever it costs.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
If IAB's haircutter was hot then we could still talk about haircuts in this thread - but since she's not, let's get back to bike talk.

the woman who cuts my hair is hot
She may not be hot, but I enjoy going to her because her teenage son is a mountain biker, so every time I get my hair cut we end up talking about MTB the entire time. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Is she hot? ;)
I was going to a particular hair stylist at a walk in place for a while. She was hawt and I still never made appointments. HOwever my GF never saw her and was inquiring as to what she looked like. I just told her she was old... because 35 is old to me. So anyway one day my GF came in and saw her.... I of course had totally forgotten about the previous conversation, so on the way out I got a punch in the arm because I said she was old and left out the "HOT" part.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
She may not be hot, but I enjoy going to her because her teenage son is a mountain biker, so every time I get my hair cut we end up talking about MTB the entire time. :)
yeah nice try liar!! I bet you went to Canada this weekend too!!!