Quantcast

My homemade gearbox (pics)

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Even better then if its only 10 years
Its a damn shame. I liked how the gearbox was designed. Now if I was me, it would work like a standard derailleur where upshifting works by the shifter releasing able and the derailleur is advanced by a spring and downshifting the shifter pulls cable and pulls the derailleur against the spring. There's some gearbox that's more recent that uses a fancy shifter with two cables to pull the derailleur both ways but more cables suck.

Tincho

Chimp
Apr 21, 2022
Its a damn shame. I liked how the gearbox was designed. Now if I was me, it would work like a standard derailleur where upshifting works by the shifter releasing able and the derailleur is advanced by a spring and downshifting the shifter pulls cable and pulls the derailleur against the spring. There's some gearbox that's more recent that uses a fancy shifter with two cables to pull the derailleur both ways but more cables suck.
Thanks for your answer (without Bears ).
I also thought of a derailleur with cable and spring, although I was more concerned about the chain tensioner, for which I came up with a tensioner with two mobile pulleys that give the chain a path in the form of "S".