Quantcast

My Instant Messanger is not working

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Same thing happened to me a day or two ago. And it wouldn't reconnect while working properly for a good half hour or so. But then it did and it hasn't done it since. Weird.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
manziman said:
piiiiyump...i don't know about trillian, but you can put the persons name as opposed to viewing their screen name...
and then you can add a picture of them (or someone else if they're not nice to look at ;) ) to their address book card and you get something like the attached file :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
couldn't get it to look or "feel" like i wanted to. and, like i said, i don't use msn too often, or yahoo for that matter, so there's no reason for me to use Trillian.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I usually use DeadAIM, and I installed Gaim. Neither will connect on my Desktop.

Works on my laptop though. :confused:

I tried taking off my firewall, renewing and releasing DHCP, etc.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
did you pay for DeadAIM? i was using a "hacked" version for a while. then i found AIMutation. pretty much the same thing, 'cept free. has the ability to run skins, too.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
If you have a pretty old version it may not run because they have been fasing out the old version compatibility. I would try uninstalling it and downloading the newest version and give that a try...if you are using something like dead aim make sure to remove that as well, install the new aim and run it once, exit out then install deadaim..otherwise it wont work properly, hope any of that helps.