Quantcast

my jeenyusitis continues.........

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yep, I'm a braintrust, I tore down the V10and all the rear bearings were seized. I was bummed, I had wanted to go and huck some curbs and hit up some bad ass erbuns on it :P , so as I was sitting around depressed, I started funking around with them. Well, lemme tell ya, WD-40 is a Godsend. A little time, a small screwdriver, a couple rags and da WD-40 and I've got it back together and ready to roll for the weekend yo.

my brilliance overfloweth

if you want your bearings refurbished, let a kneegrow know, a 12'er of beer, and you'll be back rollin

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That will probably get ya through the weekend but WD-40 is not a lubricant, it's a cleaner/degreaser/protectant. So you probably want to get some grease in those bearings sometime soon. Over several beers of course.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Echo said:
That will probably get ya through the weekend but WD-40 is not a lubricant, it's a cleaner/degreaser/protectant. So you probably want to get some grease in those bearings sometime soon. Over several beers of course.

yeah, it's coming back apart after riding sunday, I just needed them to function for one day. Come payday it'll be alright, come payday I'll be building it right...........:cool:

J

JRB

uhm - Cooter - just pull them back apart, use mineral spirits to clean them, blow out with air and repack with bearing grease. If the bearings aren't pitted and you don't replace with high dollar bearings when you do the work, this is a better option anyway. I agree that you are a braintrust though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I agree that you are a braintrust though.

If you are comparing his inteligence on a regional scale I would agree with this statement.

J

JRB

stosh said:
If you are comparing his inteligence on a regional scale I would agree with this statement.
He moved from OK, so he is already 40 times smarter than your backwoods NY ass.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I used to used WD-40 to free up stuck skate wheels. Once freed, I would soak them in TriFlo overnight and they would be good as new for at least another month.

Good call on the WD-40, and people think I'm strange for having a can in my truck. :p

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Must have been all that wet nasty that you went blasting through a couple of weekends ago. I hate riding in the mud like that... well, astually I really think its fun, but then the next ride when my housings are fried so nothing shifts right and my chain and all my pivots are making that grindy sound... thats when I dont like it. BTW as above... those bearings are probably okay... pry the little bastards open, clean em out, repack them with some grease and you'll be set to go for a while.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No debate on your geniusness. That was clearly established with your Jibbysburg's Address long ago.

But if all you are doing is WD-40, you don't even need to take it apart.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
well true, but I wanted to go ahead and take them apart so I could flush the **** out of them with a stream of wd fody

ha! the jibbysburg address, that's some funny schtuff, is that still around anywhere?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Cooter Brown said:
well true, but I wanted to go ahead and take them apart so I could flush the **** out of them with a stream of wd fody

ha! the jibbysburg address, that's some funny schtuff, is that still around anywhere?
I have no idea but it's a memory I will cherish forever. :help: