Quantcast

My job is better than yours.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I got the official tour of the building I will be working in yesterday. Besides having a science lab with everything from hissing cockroaches to an aquaponic system fueled by turtles, grape vines growing in the garden and a pretty sweet playground, I have a roller skating rink in the basement at my disposal. Now I can truly start training for roller derby (on my lunch breaks).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I get an overweight boss with a bad toupee who bathes in Polo cologne with an attitude that makes Yosemite Sam look like Mother Teresa. So, nahyyynaaa!!!!
I too have a fat boss with a bad toupee. He is of average intelligence but thinks he is a super-genius. A dangerous combination.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
My boss is neither fat, nor does he wear a toupee. And he worked as a sheriff and corrections officer for 20 years so we should get along swimmingly.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Damn a roller skating rink would be cool to have at work. Sounds like you have a sweet setup.

I will have to settle for having killer sunrise views everyday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's awesome. Chick Norris has entered the building!

I know they just had a training camp a few weeks ago. I will see Jen on Saturday and see if she is skating this year too (I'm sure she is).

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Besides having a science lab with everything from hissing cockroaches to ...
Funny you mention hissing cockroaches ... I got the wife a dozen of them for Valentine's day.

Note: It isn't as bizarre as it sounds. She is a middle school science teacher and wanted a colony for her classroom.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Funny you mention hissing cockroaches ... I got the wife a dozen of them for Valentine's day.

Note: It isn't as bizarre as it sounds. She is a middle school science teacher and wanted a colony for her classroom.
What it is not some kinky fetish?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Aside from the view and the fresh air, this place sucks ass.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
you work in a vineyard?

now I am jealous.
Vineyard nursery. That's the view from the reservoir above the nursery.

The vineyard in the pic is our "showroom" vineyard, we only sell a small amount of the fruit grown there.

Working at other nurseries might be awesome. I don't know. This one is a mis-managed clusterfvck, and my boss is a lying pussy.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW the hills in the background is a state park covered in singletrack.

:D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If you want to send me a 777 clone or a DRC clone that would be cool. :D I think Pinot could grow in Wis-CAHN-sin.

Vineyard nursery. That's the view from the reservoir above the nursery.

The vineyard in the pic is our "showroom" vineyard, we only sell a small amount of the fruit grown there.

Working at other nurseries might be awesome. I don't know. This one is a mis-managed clusterfvck, and my boss is a lying pussy.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Ha........you're a cat driver?

How's that sleep schedule?:D

Go build me a kicker!
ah..sleep is overrated.

The terrain park is one of my favorite places to work. Building the jumps is great. Now grooming the park sucks ass, my neck is sore just thinking about it. Too much damn backing up.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That's awesome. Chick Norris has entered the building!

I know they just had a training camp a few weeks ago. I will see Jen on Saturday and see if she is skating this year too (I'm sure she is).
I still can't commit. I have a history of knee problems and can't see blowing it out over roller derby. Maybe with enough skate practice though.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Wha Wha WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just remember this Dan-o, you can take the boy out of anthropology but you can't anthropology out of the boy. Or something like that. What are you doing now?
I'm back in school working on an MA in Math Education. Sounds fun, right?

Got tired of the Ross jokes? :D
Dude, Ross was a paleontologist not an anthropologist. One studies dinosaurs, the other studies people.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That's cool. My best friend has a MS in math something or another. We secretly think she is a spy. I hate math so i don't ask too many questions. I'm also afraid she would kill us if we knew too much.