Quantcast

My July 3rd ride at Snowshoe

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Having finished the 2nd year of medical school thus meaning that I never had to sit in a classroom and listen to boring professors all day, I decided to head up to snowshoe for the day. First off, the weather was GREAT. I was comfortable in a long sleeve moto jersey all day which is saying a lot since I'm a fat kid. I also noticed that even after having not rained for 3 or 4 days, the western side was still sloppy. But hey, it's the shoe and it wouldn't be complete without mud.
I'm not the most experienced of riders so the photos I did get aren't of any great hucking but just my buddy and I having a good time.

Me in the "drop park" on the freeride side.

My friend Dave on the same.

We were reminded of just how cool it is being out in nature, even if it was while riding up a ski-lift....

This last one (my friend has the others on his camera) is the last berm on "Ninja Bob" on the western side. That trail is phenomenal, even when it's muddy.

We didn't get pictures, but we rode the new dual slalom and I have to say.. :shocked:DAMN it's a lot harder than people make it look. I've got a lot of riding to do before I can enjoy that one...
We didn't get pictures of this trail either but their new beginner trail, Yew Pine, is a good trail to get warmed up on. It just criss-crosses the eastern slopes and spits you out near the lake.

We had a fantastic day and by the time we were half way down the last run, we were both kind of glad that it was the last run.... Mad props to the trail crew up there for a doing a GREAT job on all those trails. :clapping: