Quantcast

My kids new ripper.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Just got him some new wheels, and Avid disc set up now! He's a super happy 9 year old! His bike comes in at 23 3/4 lbs. Not too bad for a 9 year old's bike anyway!!!

I took off his old wheelset "Old School, XT/Mavic wheelset" and XT V brakes and I'm going to use them on one of my 7 year old girls bike's. I have twin girls! And they are starting to outgrow the 24" bikes the have now.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice!

I gotta throw up a photo of Liam's Hahanna!

Old Kona Frame, wheelset from an older Enduro, Shimano Deore cranks (need to replace em as the splines are shot on the drive side arm), XTR disc brakes, Syncros seatpost, SDG Satellite, Marin Ovation bars, 8 speed SRAM 9.0 gripshifters, Conti vertical pro tires, and an old Sid up front to top things off.

Here's a glimpse of it.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Nice bike man! It's kind of funny! I used to have shelves full of bike parts. Nice ones at that! Now my kids have some decked out bikes! Each of my kids "3 total" have 3 bikes each, Plus my own collection!

My wife hates us!:poster_oops:
Here's half of why.... The other half is in the garage!:busted:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Thanks! I'm thinking if I get rid of the old, crusty, road bike. I'll have room for more MTB'S. My wife hates the fact that half the unfinished part of the basement is full of bikes, and the other half is laundry room.

I have all my kids race bikes hanging in the garage, where they can't touch them, till race days! They all 3 race bmx, And my son is now old enough to race XC this year. He want's to race XC this year bad!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sweet!!! We have 12 bikes at our house (2 adults & as 14 month old). 10 of those bikes are operational, one is an old Hutch BMX that is hangin on the wall and the 12th is Syd's trike!

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I have a brand new Truvativ Box Guide I'm thinking about throwing on it that came off my 07 STP. He's been doing some urban with me, and want's to start throwin down now, so the derailleur in front is going to go. Once I can afford it, he's getting a stronger, better fork for hard use. He races bmx and knows how to jump already.

He can clear the doubles at the track, and get about 2 and a half foot above them so this fork won't last too long under him, if he decides to do more urban, park type stuff!
I still have to keep it trail worthy though, so he can use it for both. It's kind of cool having your kid want to ride with you all the time. I'm just waiten for the day he starts showing me up on everything!:disgust: