Quantcast

My lazy animals

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I was cleaning my camera off last night and came across these pictures of my lazy animals

Dont bug me, Im sleeping

And one random picture of my dog in the bath tub. She goes in there sometimes and cant figure out how to jump out. She will stand there like this crying until I come and find her.
Oddly enough, she has no trouble jumping out when she is actually getting a bath

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
MancilG said:
u have a bunny running around your house? does it crap everywhere?
negative. she is litter trained just like a cat. she has a box in her cage and a box in the living room. when the dog pisses her off, she does leave a few treats in the dog's bed though :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
luken8r said:
And one random picture of my dog in the bath tub. She goes in there sometimes and cant figure out how to jump out. She will stand there like this crying until I come and find her.
Oddly enough, she has no trouble jumping out when she is actually getting a bath

Your dog can get in the tub but can't get out of the tub? How stupid is your dog?

(just kidding - my dog has lived here for a year and she still hasn't figured out the stairs to the basement)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Downhiller said:
nice pets... :)
I agree. I thought about getting a rabbit, but my Jack Russell won't allow any other animals in the house. Plus, he tends to chase anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that moves. Even though he's small and the rabbit would be small, the both of them would destroy the inside of my place...

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
That rabbit is kick ass :thumb:

I had one like it. Followed me around like a dog, slept in my bed. Now it's primary home was a cage in the basement, but when I'd get home, I'd let it hang upstairs. I couldn't believe that it never crapped in the house. I ended up giving it to a nice family caus I went to school and whatnot and it got no attention, poor thing.

Anyhow, 6 months after it left, I moved my bed out to get something from under it and to my surprise :drool: :drool: :drool:

SIXTEEN THOUSAND RABBIT TURDS :blah:

Rabbit still kicked ass. Ima get another one to piss off my 2 siamese cats :thumb:

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Knuckleslammer said:
That rabbit is kick ass :thumb:

I had one like it. Followed me around like a dog, slept in my bed. Now it's primary home was a cage in the basement, but when I'd get home, I'd let it hang upstairs. I couldn't believe that it never crapped in the house. I ended up giving it to a nice family caus I went to school and whatnot and it got no attention, poor thing.

Anyhow, 6 months after it left, I moved my bed out to get something from under it and to my surprise :drool: :drool: :drool:

SIXTEEN THOUSAND RABBIT TURDS :blah:

Rabbit still kicked ass. Ima get another one to piss off my 2 siamese cats :thumb:

thats AWFUL!!! didnt it stink? If I dont clean this buggers box 2x a week, I cant go into her room.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I want a rabbit just like that one. You think my guys will get along with it? One is 2 years, the whiter one is 1 year old. The darker siamese, prince is like mr sociable "I wana be your friend, even if your a serial rapist" the other one "king, runs under the bed if 2 atoms combine to form a molocule" The grey one is Toby, and he's 4, but he's a cellar dwellar with his own cat door so he can go out and kill stuff and bring in bird and mouse heads. He comes upstairs to chill sometimes. The siamese stay inside as Prince has a $2000 eyeball and they wouldn't last 5 minutes outside.

Kevin

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Your rabbit deals with the hard wood floors? About 8 months ago, we adopted a rabbit that was brought to my daughters school for a "petting zoo" and the owner never showed up when it was over. "Flower" and my daughter had bonded and my wife couldn't stand to leave the poor guy alone at the school. After a few weeks, she finally got a hold of the owner and the lady said "You can keep him".

I have never owned a rabbit before, so I had no idea what to expect. I built him a big two story bunny condo with a litter box in the corner, a dark place to hide, and plenty of room to hop. He hangs out in the living room more than his house, but he hates the kitchen and bathrooms.

Flower is very social and will hop onto the couch and snuggle with the dog. He is very easy to tend to and has only chewed through one cord (and it was a phone cord). From what I gather, he is mid-sized, maybe only about 5 pounds and smaller than the cat.

I'll see if I can't snap a pic of him sprawled out under the Christmas tree at lunch today. He loves the tree.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Knuck- If your cats are low key, they should get along with the rabbit if you get one. My bun is OK with my brother's cat. Although, the rabbit is larger than the cat is right now, 10lbs for the rabbit vs about 5-8 lbs for his cat. Rabbits arent the cute, defenseless animals some people make them out to be. If you piss mine off, she will get on her hind legs and smack you, or clamp down on you with her sharp, pointy teeth. When people see her do that for the first time, they are pretty surprised! Its funny though

When I brought the rabbit out to my wife's parents house, her sister has a little, foofy shih tzu that got too inquisitive. Bun doesnt like to be sniffed too much, so she smacked the dog around a bit. The dog didnt seem too interested in the rabbit after that

She does fine on the floors too. We first got her when we lived in an apt with full carpet and she would tear around there. When we moved from there to a house with wood floor it took her some time to figure it out, but she can move there too. She rips around on the area rugs then skids around on the floors. Circles rug, bounces off chair, around table, off couch, repeat. Sometimes it's like living with a little, long-eared spider monkey. When I feed her at night, I put the food bowl in her cage and she comes tearing around the corner from wherever she was and skids a few feet until she can hop in the box. I go into the kitchen, and she watches me fix her food from under the table in the dining room. I walk by the table on the way back to her room adn she tears in after me, its hard to avoid stepping on her.
The whole process is quite funny :D
She loves the tree too. Shes taken off quite a few branches from the bottom. Heres our xmas card, you can kinda see the lower branches stripped and munched on (pops)