Quantcast

My LBS Rocks!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Yesterday I get a flat on my commuter bike.. so as I take it off to fix it, I notice a nice chunk of glass in there. Upon further inspection of the tire I notice the sidewall has a little tear in it. I ride the Continetal Town & Country's on my commuter. I had just replaced that tire just before winter. I called my LBS to see if they had another in stock.. or something else because i started to doubt how well the tires were made. she just tells me to come in and she will look.
So today I get there and bring the bike.. she winds up putting the new rear tire on, and a new front one.. I told her I only wanted one... she said no take two....I figured it is better off so i just went with it. I also needed Tubes..so i went in the back and got four of them.. when I asked her how much.. she told me $10.. I was like..what did you forget the tires?? and thats when she told me she previously called continental and got credited for 2 new tires!! I though that was awesome of her, to go out of her way for me, i never asked her too and expected to buy a new one!!!! plus only $10 for 4 tubes?? not bad!!!!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Thank god. I worked at a bike shop that would've raped you for that, even if they had gotten the tires free. I have no respect for people who try to make five bucks off a broke 9th grader trying to get home on his huffy.

I'm so happy to have an LBS or two that I know will be chill like that.