Quantcast

my letter to sorba

trailrider1

Monkey
Jun 2, 2009
To,
Sorba (the Bartow county part)
Hi, my name is James terry and I’m starting BMX. One thing I’ve noticed is it’s not a very easy sport to do with no parks. Sure you can ride street but then you deal with the police and cars, and I mean let’s face it bike vs. car, the car wins. So I would like to know about getting a dirt jump or Street Park built in the area. I think dirt will be best because it’s more affordable.
This park will be a safe place for bmxers in the area to ride. It will also be for free riders because they like jumping too. I know about the central park and big creek but both are over an hours drive for me and more for other people. There are in fact a good bit of riders in the area. I’ve seen some at progressive skate park (a skate park in canton witch by the way is not very BMX beginner or jumping friendly) and have found some through BMX forum.
I think what I’m mainly looking for is help building it and knowing what to do. I have picked several good areas of land for it witch if I could get you guys help I would contact the owners of these plots of land. The locations are… pine mountain, red top mountain, and Dillinger park (witch is the best place I’ve come up with so far). I’m still thinking about places but all of those are ideal.
Once we got the land donated we will need the cash to build such a park. I was thinking ask for donations from local business and bigger things like monster and red bull. In exchange we would give them advertisement on the sign that says… ADVANCED SKILLS COURSE or banners or something. We could do the same with Lowes or home depot for lumber.
My friends and I/ other people in the area can maintain the park once it’s built. I don’t really know how to build anything above a tabletop though, so that’s were you come in, help building it. I don’t know what to do about the insurance or any of that, reason being I’m 14.
So please, and I mean PLEASE consider this. Many people have told me that there are more important things to be doing and what not but I think that this is important to the sport of BMX. To keep BMX/free riding alive we need to make spots available because, not every teen or kid can drive an hour because there parents work or they can’t afford the gas. So if we put it in Dillinger Park so to say kids can ride there bikes to it. And, I’ve always wanted to be a trail boss.
Thank you,
James terry
p.s. please contact me at, jamesatcass@hotmail.com
Or (770) 826 2923