Quantcast

my life is just grand rant

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Today I woke up to the sound of ice hitting my window. Changed my alarm for a delayed opening time and went back to sleep. Problem was the power went out and the alarm did too. I wound up being a half hour late to school. School went by fine. Driving home I was doing 50 and had an SUV infront of me. There was a dead deer on the center lines of the road. I couldnt see infront of the SUV so I didnt see it. The SUV hits this deer causing it to spin more into the lane. The roads just had grit put on them and in a moments reaction I decided not to try swerving and crashing into a pond next to the road. I hit the deer and stopped. The deer got stuck under my driver side by my wheel. I pulled it out and threw it in the woods. The deer busted my radiator and pulled my bumper off my car. I drove it home (1 mile) and brought it to the auto shop across the street from my house. After kicking myself for an hour I remembered that I can check my admissions status at UVM at 5 tonight. As my luck has it I my application was "deferred". I am now waiting for a letter in the mail stating why. Hitting the deer was not my fault at all. I am considering not fixing my car, and looking for something new (to me). Money is tight, but there has to be point where I say there is no point putting money into a car with over 200k miles on it.

:disgust1:
end rant

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Wow. I can't shake the image out of my head of you pulling a deer out from under your car & I don't even know you.

It could be worse...just ask some RM users.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You were following the SUV too closely to avoid any hazards that might ensue. It was your fault.

Have a nice day.

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
CAll insurance, isht will be expensive to fix. Suck it up princess.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
You were following the SUV too closely to avoid any hazards that might ensue. It was your fault.

Have a nice day.

:D
My thoughts exactly.

I was expecting the story to go something like i drove up a snow enbankment and missed a power pole by an ass hair....

Life could be worse dude.. youre alive!

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
radiators really aren't that hard to fix, neither are front bumpers... maybe try getting some ebay prices first (8% off!) then going from there.

What kind of car is it? is the bumper salvageable?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Radiator is broken in the plastic, I don't think I can plastic weld it. Bumper should be salvageable if the tabs aren't broken on it. I have to take it off and try putting it back on. I will admit I could have given the SUV a little more room. I don't think an extra 200 feet would of helped me if anything I would have busted the oil pan.

I did spell check everything on my collage aplicashon.

Total Heckler - I would buy your Audi, no problem going across country to pick it up either. I just don't have $10,000 to spend on a car now. If I did have that money first thing I would look into is an IY 20th AE GTI.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Car has a few zip ties from the accident on New Years. I am/was going to order an AWE exhaust and H&R touring cup suspension next week too. Now I am not sure if I am going to do that.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Wow. I can't shake the image out of my head of you pulling a deer out from under your car & I don't even know you.

It could be worse...just ask some RM users.
My girl got surgery last week....

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
... I decided not to try swerving and crashing into a pond next to the road. ...
You might be learning how to drive. Animal in the road you almost never swerve. Keep the wheel straight and try to stop. The road I drive to work has numerous signs of people spinning into the ditch. A very high percentage of those are from people swerving to miss dear.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
You might be learning how to drive. Animal in the road you almost never swerve. Keep the wheel straight and try to stop. The road I drive to work has numerous signs of people spinning into the ditch. A very high percentage of those are from people swerving to miss dear.
You should stop using my old english text book. Learn to spell you noob. :biggrin:

Sometimes conditions don't allow for safely stopping short, especially at high speeds.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
You should stop using my old english text book. Learn to spell you noob. :biggrin:

Sometimes conditions don't allow for safely stopping short, especially at high speeds.
I said try to stop, sometimes you cannot stop in time. In these cases the animal will learn quickly it should not have stepped into the road. It is safer to hit the animal than lose control of your vehicle resulting in a crash or worse hitting on coming traffic. In an uncontrollable situation try to control as much as you can.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
So what is your "ex" girlfriend going to do if you don't get accepted to UVM? I bet you that she will come back to Jersey for you.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
So what is your "ex" girlfriend going to do if you don't get accepted to UVM? I bet you that she will come back to Jersey for you.
I don't want to go there for her at all. I am mad that she is there to be honest. We wouldn't be in the same schools. She is an environmental science or something like that major. I want to go for engineering.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I don't want to go there for her at all. I am mad that she is there to be honest. We wouldn't be in the same schools. She is an environmental science or something like that major. I want to go for engineering.
90's t.v. show dramatic background crowd "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
So you were almost ready to go out and buy some bolt-ons for a 2.0, but essentially preventative cooling system maintenance on a 200k car makes it no longer worth it?

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
Awesome. eBay auto repair. :crazy:
i got my rebuilt head and rebuilt abs both off ebay... nothing wrong with it as long as you know what you're buying. for the price of a head gasket change at the dealer I got a new head and enough left over for a fidanza flywheel :)

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Sounds like it's cold where you live, therefore no need for the radiator:banana:
Some moron was holding up a big line of cars where I live two days ago. He eventually pulled over and when I passed I noticed he had chains on the rear tires of his 2000-something jetta, was that you?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Today I woke up to the sound of ice hitting my window. Changed my alarm for a delayed opening time and went back to sleep. Problem was the power went out and the alarm did too. I wound up being a half hour late to school. School went by fine. Driving home I was doing 50 and had an SUV infront of me. There was a dead deer on the center lines of the road. I couldnt see infront of the SUV so I didnt see it. The SUV hits this deer causing it to spin more into the lane. The roads just had grit put on them and in a moments reaction I decided not to try swerving and crashing into a pond next to the road. I hit the deer and stopped. The deer got stuck under my driver side by my wheel. I pulled it out and threw it in the woods. The deer busted my radiator and pulled my bumper off my car. I drove it home (1 mile) and brought it to the auto shop across the street from my house. After kicking myself for an hour I remembered that I can check my admissions status at UVM at 5 tonight. As my luck has it I my application was "deferred". I am now waiting for a letter in the mail stating why. Hitting the deer was not my fault at all. I am considering not fixing my car, and looking for something new (to me). Money is tight, but there has to be point where I say there is no point putting money into a car with over 200k miles on it.

:disgust1:
end rant
So how's that RM secret santa gift coming along?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
i got my rebuilt head and rebuilt abs both off ebay... nothing wrong with it as long as you know what you're buying. for the price of a head gasket change at the dealer I got a new head and enough left over for a fidanza flywheel :)
nice...I probably have half of my cars parts from Ebay...the other half is from salvage yards...people waste far to many cars and parts that just require a little work!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nice...I probably have half of my cars parts from Ebay...the other half is from salvage yards...people waste far to many cars and parts that just require a little work!
no ****......

one mans junk is another mans treasure...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
It is your own damn fault you slept in. Should have set a back up alarm on your cell phone. School is gay, you should have skipped the entire day. You were following to close to the SUV, we don't need excuses. Screw college, become a garbage man.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
So - who do I ship my car to when I win the auction?

It's incredible that anyone here thinks this kid is capable of swapping a radiator. Seriously.

I'm sure eBay's great for parts, but I don't think I'll ever care to go searching for what "might" work for a repair. It seems silly to me. I understand how it works for some, but not for me.

I was mostly talking about how you'd get your repairs done online.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
So you were almost ready to go out and buy some bolt-ons for a 2.0, but essentially preventative cooling system maintenance on a 200k car makes it no longer worth it?
not a stupid 2.0 its a vr6

.... So I picked up a radiator, tomorrow if I have a snowday I will put it in. I am headed to the liquor store and bike shop tonight once my dad gets home. Hopefully I wont hit any deer with his a5.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
not a stupid 2.0 its a vr6

.... So I picked up a radiator, tomorrow if I have a snowday I will put it in. I am headed to the liquor store and bike shop tonight once my dad gets home. Hopefully I wont hit any deer with his a5.
If I have a snow day, when my dad gets home and liquor store don't exactly go together that well.