Quantcast

my liquid bike

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
looks good man !!

i got my flat black Liquid 24" last week. got a set of new raw 180mm profiles, but after that still workin on it !

looks sick. nice to see some painted ones finally hitting the scene. this past year has been a blast on one of the protos. you will love yours so much after you fully adjust to it...

what size are those bars? i have some 7 3/4"x28" on mine and love the hell out of it...

Last edited:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
bars are 8 x 28. i rode em at the skatepark last week and it was awesome, my bars slipped on the 3rd run which kinda threw em outta whack, but i put em where it looked ok and kept riding. since then ive pushed em forward like 3/4" and i can only imagine itll be better, doesnt feel too chicago'd.

i lined up this bike with my p.1 tonight bar to bar. bb is a good bit over an inch further back on the liquid, and the front axle is 2-3 inches behind as well. exactly what i wanted and exactly what it felt like. no longer am i riding something that feels like a raked out harley. these next few months will be torture with all this snow

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007

nother pic and parts list:

liquid bike co frame
sunday 24 fork
demo mary kate front hub to rhynolite xl
primo mix rear hub to rhynolite xl
stolen cranks
stolen stem
stolen seat clamp
stolen gold bb
poverty seat
subrosa post
united sprocket
united headset
sinz bars
shadow chain
specialized lo pro mag 2 pedals
maxxis holy rollers
odsy evo 2 brake
odsy lever
odsy aaron ross grips

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i'm looking at some Hazard Lite 24"s for my Liquid...... i know this has been asked before, but any other good rim suggestions though!?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, Alienation has some cool colors coming out.

I've always ran Rhynolite XLs. I think it's still the lightest option available and I've never had any issues with them.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
oh, so i rode my p.1 last night cuz it was wet and snowy and i didnt wanna filth up my new bike. cant believe how wack that bike feels now, like a harley but the bars are jammed right into your crotch lol.

im gonna be able to ride so much better this year cuz of my liquid

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
oh, so i rode my p.1 last night cuz it was wet and snowy and i didnt wanna filth up my new bike. cant believe how wack that bike feels now, like a harley but the bars are jammed right into your crotch lol.

im gonna be able to ride so much better this year cuz of my liquid
Good to hear! Stoked that you're liking it.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
. . . feels awesome . . . still getting some parts dialed.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
bars are 8 x 28. i rode em at the skatepark last week and it was awesome, . . .

i lined up this bike with my p.1 tonight bar to bar. . . .

good call on the 8"s. i lined mine up with my 26" also . . . .

Last edited:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
great. taken a few hard hits so far and they still are true. i got the rear used off of cru and its holdin strong

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I apologize in advance for being "that guy," but I've gotta know. Chip, how much does that thing weigh? It must be stupid light.

CMC, you're body looks stoked, I wouldn't even need to read a review, I can tell the bike is a blast just from his face!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
how are thoise rhyno xl's holding?
I just bent one today! But in fairness, it probably would have ruined any rim. I ditched mid flight on a pretty massive jump. Luckily my feet made it to the top of the landing and I did the power slide to the bottom. But my bike took it hard... the front rim looks like a potato chip. :D

I've been using the rhyno lites for over a year now and have never had any issues other than today.

DreadMonday

Chimp
Apr 13, 2010
PA
Thought I would throw mine in. Have it posted on the Liquid website forum.

A bit similar to cmc's with the black and gold/copper. The rims were from my Giant Method 24 and I painted the other parts to match.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
here's my brand new Liquid. I never loved a bike as much as this one, and I only rode it for a couple of hours so far. It's such a relief to finally have a big bmx, instead of a downscaled 24" mtb with an odd geomtry.
I'm not sure if it's entirely up to the bike, or maybe even purely psychological because it's all new, but every single trick I try feels so much better and costs less effort on this one.

Homebrew U -> V-brake mount converter; I made it with threading for the upper HS33's mount point as well, instead of just the lower one and an extra brake booster in a normal setup, brake is even stiffer now and it feels good.