Quantcast

my liquid bike

24slayer

Chimp
Mar 26, 2011
redmond oregon
I run 170 mm cranks and 2.25 tires on my dj bike and have less than an inch of clearance with barspins would there be less on a 22 top tube feedback.I do fine with the clearance I have on 26 but much less I think could be a problem. anyone ride more street and park how does the liquid handle street abuse.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I run 170 mm cranks and 2.25 tires on my dj bike and have less than an inch of clearance with barspins would there be less on a 22 top tube feedback.I do fine with the clearance I have on 26 but much less I think could be a problem. anyone ride more street and park how does the liquid handle street abuse.
which 26" are you riding ??

the 22.25"tt Liquid is longer in the cockpit (or "reach" )by about an inch than the 22.5"tt Blackmarket MOB. i measure 1.5" of clearance with the front tire x'd up at the closes point to the pedal. there is only 0.25" clearance on my Mob. if you are already doing barspins with 26"s, i suspect you can rock either the 22" or 22.25".

went back to 48"s. odyssey cassette rear, primo front hub. sun BFR's. nips: gold.

Last edited:

24slayer

Chimp
Mar 26, 2011
redmond oregon
I have a steel reserve with a 22.5 tt.I was curious about the liquid due to the ht angle being steeper how close it would be so if I am at 1.25 inches than that's plenty. thanks for the help.since you ride 24 and 26 which do you ride more and do you find the 24 more versatile.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It really depends on what kind of riding you'll be doing. Street and Park riding, the smaller wheels are a lot more fun for me. 26 just feels a little awkward. 20 is great, but I'm too squirrelly on a 20, I need a more forgiving bike.
That's why I like 24s, and the MTB geometry of my Contraband, the head angle is slack, which makes the bike a lot less twitchy. But the chainstays are short, giving it back some of that quick handling that you need.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
a bit off topic, but im sure you all have seen that ad on the right side of the page for the teva links, the blue and grey shoes. well i bought them, and they are the comfiest shoe ive ever worn.

everyone should get them

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
a bit off topic, but im sure you all have seen that ad on the right side of the page for the teva links, the blue and grey shoes. well i bought them, and they are the comfiest shoe ive ever worn.

everyone should get them
you just like em cuz the blue matches your frame.
:thumb:

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
alot more than i do too. but ive been itching to get em after i saw the first review a few months ago. its like walking on pillows

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i actually had my first good bail in these shoes the other day. as i was attempting to run it out (ended up tumbling) my heels didnt get destroyed like they usually do. could be placebo effect, or luck, but i think these pillows had something to do with it

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Self shot pics from the gopro...

I think I need to set the camera so it takes a picture every second....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

New wheels and I put the slams back on. They are a bit too tall I think. Prolly put the six inch bars back on and use a bunch of spacers under the stem, even though I hate the way that looks.....

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
New wheels and I put the slams back on. They are a bit too tall I think. Prolly put the six inch bars back on and use a bunch of spacers under the stem, even though I hate the way that looks.....
You might like the Sunday 24umph (7.25"), S&M 7.25 Slam, or the S&M Small Race (7.5") bars.

Sunday 24umph handlebar
$64.95

7.25" rise, 28" width, 12 degree backsweep, 4 degree upsweep, 1 lb 12.4 oz; lightweight 41-Thermal processed butted chromoly tubing is lifetime guaranteed against bending and breaking

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i could probably send you my proto frame to play with to see what you think. you'd need parts to build it up though...
...and I'd have to actually send it back to you.... :D It's in the box, just needs tape and address and for me to get off my lazy ass and ship it. :D:thumb:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
that would be ****ing awesome, but I have zero money for parts, and would have to sell my bmx, which means no bike. And I go to school beginning of September, so I either would have little time to ride, or wouldnt ride at all. If you can extend that offer to April, I accept lol.

Aug 17, 2011
Just wanted to ask if you guys did local pick-ups. I'm interested in purchasing one of your Feedback frames.

The last time I was on a BMX or a bike for that matter was when I was 14. I had a '93 GT Interceptor and I also rode my brother's Robinson. I'm 32 years old now and just last month, at the local gym, while I was running the treadmill then doing the stationary bike, I decided that I wanted a bike to go ride around the city to take care of my cardio instead of being bored out of my mind. I've always wanted a cruiser so I did a little research and found out about 24s that had the geometry of the 20s. I ended picking up a Sunday Model C complete and have been on it almost every day. I'm hooked now and into bikes again and I found out about the Feedback frame and the Geo sounds awesome on it so now I want to change out my frame. Let me know. Thanks!

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
since this is the liquid thread.. a question for those of you with pegs: when doing double peg the right side of my sprocket/chain is hitting the ledge as well, together with the spokes on the front hub. This slows me down big time and is also pretty disastrous for wheel and sprocket.
I just put the bike on a ledge to see why it's doing that; it seems that if I put it nicely on both pegs everything is ok (only pegs and rear pad touching ledge), but since there's nothing holding the front peg from sliding further on it stops at the spokes, and at that angle the ledge hits the sprocket as well.
Not sure if that made sense to anyone.
What I was wondering is if a front hub guard would fix this? I'm not talking about a skinny gland, but some cone replacement that kinda pushes the ledge on the peg. Anyone has experience with this?

i've also thought about a hub/spoke guard up front, but been to lazy to actually do anything about it. as far as the chain ring/chain thing, i haven't worried about it really, todays smaller chain rings are pretty stout and can handle the abuse easily and the damage to the chain is fairly minimal and has never worried me...

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
as far as the chain ring/chain thing, i haven't worried about it really, todays smaller chain rings are pretty stout and can handle the abuse easily and the damage to the chain is fairly minimal and has never worried me...
forgot to tell I'm still riding 30-13... Last week I had to put extra spacers on the BB axle because the sprocket was bent so badly that it started ripping the chainstay:

Anyway I had a look at hubguards and pretty much all of them are made for a few common hubs, could find only one that might fit mine. So before spending money I went for some prototyping with nylon instead, and I'm sold:

looks pretty horrible and needs some fine tuning but I just went for a quick session and this thing does wonders!
Dead simple one for the back to keep grinding the pads, also grinds very smooth:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
forgot to tell I'm still riding 30-13... Last week I had to put extra spacers on the BB axle because the sprocket was bent so badly that it started ripping the chainstay:

. . . .
dude you should be riding a Left-Side-Drive setup !!

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
my problem with with grinding non-drive side is that when failing on a feeble grind you smash the chainstay right onto the ledge: for this reason I stopped doing left-side feebles now. I'd rather trash sprockets and chains than my beloved frame so I'm staying with RHD for now

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Just wanted to ask if you guys did local pick-ups. I'm interested in purchasing one of your Feedback frames.

The last time I was on a BMX or a bike for that matter was when I was 14. I had a '93 GT Interceptor and I also rode my brother's Robinson. I'm 32 years old now and just last month, at the local gym, while I was running the treadmill then doing the stationary bike, I decided that I wanted a bike to go ride around the city to take care of my cardio instead of being bored out of my mind. I've always wanted a cruiser so I did a little research and found out about 24s that had the geometry of the 20s. I ended picking up a Sunday Model C complete and have been on it almost every day. I'm hooked now and into bikes again and I found out about the Feedback frame and the Geo sounds awesome on it so now I want to change out my frame. Let me know. Thanks!
Are you near Ventura? Yeah, we could work out local pick up if you're interested. Just shoot me an email at info@liquid-bikes.com. Thanks for the interest in our frames! :thumb:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track

Anyway I had a look at hubguards and pretty much all of them are made for a few common hubs, could find only one that might fit mine. So before spending money I went for some prototyping with nylon instead, and I'm sold:

looks pretty horrible and needs some fine tuning but I just went for a quick session and this thing does wonders!
Dead simple one for the back to keep grinding the pads, also grinds very smooth:

That's a pretty trick fix... good to see somebody is putting their Liquid to use! I would guess that a more micro setup would help, as well... something like a 23-10.

Gibby403

Chimp
Aug 27, 2011
I have a Specialized P24. The spec say the bars are Big 7-1/2″ x 29″ I think I want to go 8" or 8.25" x 28" Anybody have any good suggestions. I kind of like bars that have the lower cross bar in the center.

I always kind of liked the Nyquist and kneesaver bars. But that is Old School itmes