Quantcast

My Little Girls bike

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Pink Large G2 with a CCDB air (frame mod to fit)
(Was Ti) marzocchi 888 Evo Ti
Old saint cranks and brakes
Canfield pedals
Raceface ring
2 KMC fancy Gold chains (x9sl?)
Industry 9 torch wheels laced to flow EX rims
Tubeless mounted DHF and high Roller 1
Sunline stem with an answer bar

weighs in at 41.71 on the topeak scale, Should drop a bit when the BOS Idylle RaRe comes in

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/racer303/album/Pink-Zerode-G2/

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Wow.
I weighed my 888s then my RaRe but I forget sorry. Maybe 6oz:( I had Avy cart too:( I can tell you the forks feel great though.
How much did you file of the linkage? Only really needs a few strokes doesn't it?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
About a rotors thickness off the Sides of the seesaw. If the whole link was the thickness of the channel it would not need anything

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
That rear end is proof that there is no god. Nobody would intelligently design something that looks like that.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Looks pretty good. Are you 5' tall? My seatpost is out of the frame about one foot! Should get the AIR 40 real soon then will see how it rides vs The Dorado. Should match up to such a stiff frame well I think.

Dave Turner and Jeff Steber were pretty stoked on the bike. They both were excited to see a gearbox style bike that was available to anyone and the design and thought process on it was great. That was good to hear they are both pretty straight forward guys that know what they are doing.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
hate on it all you want, but im yet to figure out a way to do this with the seat any higher, and the time im saving with it down far outweighs the convenience of it jacked up

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
I don't understand why anyone would want to have the seat more than knee high on a DH bike, unless you race on so long courses that you must sit down and pedal.
I put my seat as low as it can go without touching the tire at bottom out, which is pretty much knee height. Feels awesome to ride without the seat harassing me all the time.

Also on the trail bike I need a 150mm dropper post to achieve low enough seat in the dropped position. I used to have a 100mm dropper, and while that was worlds better than not having a dropper at all, the 150mm is so much better.