Quantcast

My Magic Hat 12 pack

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am enjoying a Batch 371 right now. It's a wheat ale. It's got some hint of fruitiness....I want to say cherry?? The label doesn't really tell you (I don't know wtf I am drinking if the label doesn't tell me :rolleyes: ). This is a "mystery beer" and you are supposed to go to Magic Hat's website and tell them what you think. I gave it two red asses up.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
It's an "unfiltered dunkelweizen." I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. Batch 370 came with the Summer Variety Show 12 pack and is a hefeweisen. Tasty!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Up next is the popular #9. It's a pale ale with a hint of apricot. I've always enjoyed the #9. I used to have a #9 t-shirt, but it got old and ratty so I threw it out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
genpowell71 said:
Wow, I bet you keep your buddies in stiches with jokes like this :mumble:
I hear Magic Hat is hard to come by in southern states. It's a Vermont microbrewery.

Bluebug: Jinx might be my favorite Magic Hat beer.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
there is something wrong with that picture...there is still beer in those bottles! seriously though all they have by me is #9, which makes me sad

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I Are Baboon said:
I hear Magic Hat is hard to come by in southern states. It's a Vermont microbrewery.

Being in VT has its benefits!

I think Jinx might be my favorite Magic Hat brew as well. I am a big #9 fan (one of my standard bar orders, if nothing more appealing was around) but after trying the regular ol' bottled Jinx, I think I like it better. My roomies and I have gone through 2 six packs of late. It just has a great, medium bodied flavor.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
i just picked that twelve pack up a few hours ago....looking forward to the jinx, as its still warm at the moment. never had it before

my fave magic hat of all time was Mother Lager, it was in last year's variety summer pack I believe. Never seen it again. Anyone else ever had, or seen it anywhere? Id love to get my hands on that again

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I Are Baboon said:

They have it down here in Richmond, VA. Wherever fine beers are sold. Just polished off a six of Number 9 last night. Mmmmm...

Mike