Quantcast

My masterpiece of technology - geeks only

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have been working on getting the new AP Webfeeds software working with our older Editorial system. The ONLY way to import ANPA files (standard news story format) is to use the Wire Manager software which ONLY accepts serial feeds. The AP software sends the stories to one port on the USB to Serial adapter and the Wire Manager software receives them via another port on the adapter. I am dumber for having done this, but it works.

cavenewt

Chimp
Nov 26, 2012
I have been working on getting the new AP Webfeeds software working with our older Editorial system. The ONLY way to import ANPA files (standard news story format) is to use the Wire Manager software which ONLY accepts serial feeds. The AP software sends the stories to one port on the USB to Serial adapter and the Wire Manager software receives them via another port on the adapter. I am dumber for having done this, but it works.
...well, similar; a G4 eMac gets Webfeeds, which pushes it to Baseview Wire manager on a PowerMac 7200 (!) running OS9. We're looking for a used copy of File Manager compatible with OS X, which is no longer available new.

Anybody got one...anybody...?

Contact the Jackson Hole News&Guide in Jackson, Wyoming (our web site is jhnewsandguide dot com) and leave a message for Colleen.

Last edited: