Sprocket: Fit 25 tooth

Pedals: Demolition sealed Mag

Seat: Macneil Sl

Seatpost: Macneil Stump

Front Wheel: Profile 20mm non disk,radial laced ryhno lite,holy roller

Rear Wheel: Profile mine lhd,race axle, ti bolts and driver,ryhno lite,

fs 100

Brakes: Fly suelo, Odyssey trigger

Mods: trimmed dopouts, cut seat tube, shaved brake mounts off fork, air and oil in fork

thanks to Gerald at racers edge in brooklyn

thanks to bikesatori for telling me the shim is showing so Gerald and I decided to do the wedge mod, hope everyone like, I know i love, hey leethal what's up with a new frame????

usb1

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
the bike came out way better than we expected and also dropped 4lbs, as for the fork height not sure will measure saturday and let u know, thanks guys

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Awesome! All black Gen1 frame, LHD with the Fly's and profile rear... nice style, haha. ;)

Like the fork too, I love forks with shaved disc tabs... I remember when I first did it I got a bunch of hate and flames... now it seems to be growing in popularity and acceptance. Your fork looks much shorter than my DJ2 slammed to 55mm too!

Radial front is interesting as well.

How did you drop 4lb though? What's the total weight?

edit: oh hey, now I think I remember, this one used to be burgundy with the brown fork and SIC set-up up front, right? Same fork I've got, but my Gen1 used to be green... Very nice update! Probably my second most fav. Molly out there, props! haha!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
4 lbs is easy with new wheels (front radial) ti bits, new steering, shaved 4130 from frame...
yeah my bad, I misread earlier when I was just skimming the thread... I was thinking from frame mods alone for some reason, then I remembered I was an idiot and you can't take 4lb off a 6lb frame, haha... and, this was the old-school burgundy one... went through a big revamp here. :clapping:

But seriously, 4lb is not that easy to lose... I didn't come close to that with the mods I did.... Maybe if I include going from Susp to rigid, but even that doesn't hit -4lb mark.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
But seriously, 4lb is not that easy to lose... I didn't come close to that with the mods I did.... Maybe if I include going from Susp to rigid, but even that doesn't hit -4lb mark.
we'll see when your new wheels are done. that should alter the weight. really thats the only big difference between both molly's. also your steel bars.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
we'll see when your new wheels are done. that should alter the weight. really thats the only big difference between both molly's. also your steel bars.
yeah, I'm not really stressin' about it. (probably will drop about an lb with the rims, although I'm staying with brass nips... and yeah, I also got a heavier S&M cruiser Race XLT bar too which I'll try out when weather gets nicer.:busted:)

Also looks to me like the Seat-tube extension on this frame was cut shorter... the little bit that extends up above the toptube, look a good half-inch or so shorter than I remember mine being.

And... I can see the shim... When I ran a shim on mine, I used a nice Coalition seatpost clamp (which I screwed up when a drill bit broke off while I was speedholing it, d'oh!!) that had a lip on it to keep it from sliding down, and you could slide the shim in first, then put the post clamp over it to cover, then put the seatpost in. Looked waaaay cleaner, and that way you can't even tell there's a bunk little shim in there. :monkeydance:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
thanks to bikesatori for telling me the shim is showing so Gerald and I decided to do the wedge mod, hope everyone like, I know i love, hey leethal what's up with a new frame????
haha that was quick! what else can we suggest to change...

usb1

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
the fork is really stiff and it rides i think better lowered so i love it, u could talk to gerald about it as he recommended it

iggy_bbr

Chimp
Aug 21, 2004
Brooklyn
My molly is only 3 lbs heavier un-modded, Im hopeing to get the final weight back up to weight of my steel Clifcat Tankass of 50lbs...