Quantcast

My mom loves me

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
She hooked me up with a beer of the month club for Christmas. For the next 6 months, I will be getting a new 12 pack each month.

Here's to hoping I don't get too much Otter Creek, Ommegang, Allagash, or Smuttynose.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Awesome! My mom looked into doing that for me as well, but said it was pretty expensive! Let us know how it works out, I've got a birthday coming up in April!! :)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Awesome! My mom looked into doing that for me as well, but said it was pretty expensive! Let us know how it works out, I've got a birthday coming up in April!! :)
It is certainly expensive (had I done more research, I may not have asked for it). I think it averages out to about $30 per 12er. :shocked:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
First shipment arrived last night!!! The UPS driver had to leave it with my neighbor because A) Someone needed to sign for it, B) The person needed to be an adult (alcohol involved), and C) The woman and I were doing the work thing.

I'm a little disappointed since I can get all 4 of these beers locally (hell, I can get to the Brooklyn BREWERY in 2 hours), but that's the way it works. Hopefully next month will rotate to some that I can't get my paws on.

A short description of the 4 beers from their respective brewers:

Shipyard Brewing Company - Portland, ME

BlueFin Stout: "A classic Irish stout with a deep, almost black body and a creamy white head that is always pleasing to drink. Blue Fin Stout is brewed and bottles according to tradition with only premium, high quality ingredients."

Prelude Ale: "This rich nutty full-bodied English-style ale is hand crafted by The Shipyard Brewing Company only once a year in honor of the season. With an inviting deep amber hue and hoppy finish, The Shipyard's Prelude Holiday Ale is sure to make a believer out of even the most die-hard Ebenezer Scrooge."

Brookly Brewing Company - Brooklyn, NY

Lager: "Brooklyn Lager, the Brewery's flagship label, is New York's "hometown" beer, brewed to a pre-Prohibition recipe that dates back to the days when Brooklyn was the brewing capital of the East Coast. Brooklyn Lager has won numerous awards. Wrote Michael Jackson in the Simon & Schuster Pocket Guide to Beer: "The dry-hopped, fresh, flowery, firm, flavourful, Brooklyn Lager **-*** started well, in 1988, and has gained in character since.""

Brown Ale: "Brooklyn Brown Ale, made exclusively with American ingredients, won Bronze medals at the Great American Beer Festival in the Strong Ale Category in 1991 and in the American Brown Ale Category in 1992. Brooklyn Brown uses pale, crystal, chocolate, and black malts to attain a complex creamy texture. It is more heavily hopped than its British forbears."

I had the Prelude Ale last night and IMO, finished bitter but not terribly hoppy. Very nice though.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
My wife did this for me a year ago for the 6 month thing. Almost all of the beer I received I could have bought locally. They were good, but I was hoping for some new stuff.