Quantcast

My Mom passed away today

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I'm sorry for your loss. My mother died a few years back. It sucks, but friends and family and memories of the good times can help make it a little better.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I'm sorry man, I don't know you, but that's terrible. Remember to be there for your sister, I'm sure she needs someone to talk to, I'm sure both of you do.

Good luck getting through this tough time, I'll say a pray for your family.

The Ito

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Very sorry to hear. Good luck, make sure you get support from your family & friends, and don't turn to something like alcohol to ease your sorrow.

Best wishes.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
My condolences. Know when to be strong and know when to let it out.
I lost my father to cancer when I was young and I hate to see someone else have to go through the same thing. Once again, I am terribly sorry for your loss.

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry to hear that man. I wish u the best of luck getting through ur hard times.

I dont know what I would do if my mother ever died. :(

How old are you btw?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am so sorry for your loss... I know its has to be tough..keep strong.
We found out in feb that my mom has lung cancer .. she is going for radiation and chemo as we speak, she is doing very well with it. I couldnt even to imagine the pain you are going through, I couldnt imagine losing my mom.. aghain.. i am so sorry

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Very sorry to hear, Don.
I just back from a funeral of one of my friends. He was 40 years old and died from melanoma. He left behind 2 daughters, one was 8 and the other one just turned 3. It was brutal.
It must have been rough for you guys to see her suffer for so long.
When my mother died, it was a very dark time for me. I assumed that
my memories of her would be in her last year or so which was awful.
But that is not the case.
As time goes on, all your memories of your mother will be of the good ones.
It make take a while, but it will happen.
Just be there for your family, and do the best you can.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
yo Don I am sorry to hear about your loss. My mom bit the bullet by the way of lung cancer 10 years ago. She was diagnosed and died nine weeks later.
This week on the 21st I lost a great friend. I toured for 5 years with a Brittish Blues singer....Long John Baldry. I shared a house for two years with him in 81/82 and since have not had such a close friend as he.
Life is short and fleeting. All the time we spend whining and bitching can be spent enjoying and giving thanx. Cherrish the time on this earth and ride as much as possible because you may blink............and it may be over. I have had a few life altering experiences about 6 years ago and now I focus my life on being happy. That includes riding daily and making a concious effort to be nice and seeing the bad I exude.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I lost my Dad 4 years ago to cancer. I miss him every minute of every day.
Even when you know what's eventually coming, It still doesnt make it any easier. Until the last moment you still believe you will get that miracle that you so desperately want. God Bless you and your family at this difficult time.
Peace Bro!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
tomorrow's TX4000 ride from Quesnel, BC to Prince George is gonna be dedicated to your mom and a friend of mine is going to write your mom's name on her helmet (our way of riding in memory of people).

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Don that's tragic to say the least. I definitely feel for you now and hope that you and your sister stay strong and are alright. Not a whole lot I can do for you, but I'm always on IM so give me a ring, and if you ever come out to Colorado again you have a place to crash at while you're here. :( God bless you man.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I feel for you Bro I still cry every day since I lots my Daughter ,it get`s better but it never goes away ,cancer is a mean illness .I`am glad she is no longer suffering ...................................... Take care Bro

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
shocktower said:
I feel for you Bro I still cry every day since I lots my Daughter ,it get`s better but it never goes away ,cancer is a mean illness .I`am glad she is no longer suffering ...................................... Take care Bro
Whoa!
It totally sux for CH, but it seems really screwed up for you, the parent, having to lay your child to rest.
~> Good vibes your way too ~>

Edit: as well as WheelieMan ~>

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
My thoughts and prayers have been with you since you posted. Keep riding, be there for your sister (that will help both of you more than you can imagine), and stay away from the sauce!

bill