Quantcast

My Most Spectacular Crash to Date

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
so i decided to check out the local race clinic for beginners. mostly to see what racing is all about and to check out how they had mapped out the trail and where would be the best spots to take pics. of course the main reason i wouldn't try to race it is because of Loop 7. well of course in order to ride with the groups that broke out i had to ride Loop 7. I rode with the slowest of groups. made it up half the long steep incline and then the loop goes over the gorge and back into the trail on the other side. when you tuck into the trail again the path is narrow and has a LONG drop into the gorge. the sides are erroded along the edge of the path. so i'm riding along...feeling good so far. there are a couple of rollercoaster bumps and then when you come back out of the woods there is a last little incline over a large root with it's tree to the right. so the guy infront of me gets a little snagged at the root and slows down a bit. trickle affect i slowed down. apparently too slow. i get just over the root and stop and because we're on the edge i slide down with my bike falling on top of me. there were two trees below me that caught my bike from going into the gorge and becase my body was tangled up in the bike it kept me from also going into the gorge. i waited there...dangling off the side while people came rushing over. one guy held onto me while two other riders wiggled my bike from out underneath me. then i was finally able to stand. fortunately i rode away with a major scrap on my tricep and elbow and a long scrap/welt/bruise on my hip.

nothing like giving a new path the old try. ;)

edit for pics:

Last edited:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I had to do a double-take on that 2nd pic.......looked like something completely different at first. Heal up quickly!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
There are some parts of RCP that I believe are pretty ****in' stupid. Loop 7 isn't one of them.

Hopefully I can make it out to the race.