Quantcast

My mystry Illness finally figured out.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
golgiaparatus said:
Jesus... thats scary stuff right there. What were your symptoms of the LD?
Assuming you pulled a tick off of yourself in the last month or so?
Deer ticks can be really small, some of them you wouldn't even see without looking extremely closely. Usually, the first symptoms are the sighting of a bullseye rash, which is what I found on myself 4 years ago when I got it. You don't always get the bullseye, and I believe Splat did not. This can be dangerous, as the bullseye allows treatment to start sooner. Generally, through antibiotics and IV's you make a full recovery. It's a little tough before this, as you have bad aches and pains, and regardless of how much sleep you get, you are still fatigued.

Symptoms

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
How about a nice bowl of soup.

please let me know when an appropriate amout of time has passed so we can start making jokes. I always start too soon.

Many prayers for you and your family John.

bill

splat

Nam I am
justbill said:
How about a nice bowl of soup.

please let me know when an appropriate amout of time has passed so we can start making jokes. I always start too soon.

Many prayers for you and your family John.

bill
I was eating lots of soup while I was in te hospital. and Now since they finally figured it out and it is curable , you can make jokes ! and from you bill I know you too well ,you can always make jokes !

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
berkshire_rider said:
Deer ticks can be really small, some of them you wouldn't even see without looking extremely closely. Usually, the first symptoms are the sighting of a bullseye rash, which is what I found on myself 4 years ago when I got it. You don't always get the bullseye, and I believe Splat did not. This can be dangerous, as the bullseye allows treatment to start sooner. Generally, through antibiotics and IV's you make a full recovery. It's a little tough before this, as you have bad aches and pains, and regardless of how much sleep you get, you are still fatigued.

Symptoms

My freshman yr. of highschool I was going to a boarding school in N. California. I ended up getting bit by a Deer tick and didn't end of going to the nurse until 3 days later :eek: (It was on the back of my arm near my pit area, so I couldn't see it) Plus I grew up in Eastern WA. where ticks aren't common.

I ended up getting a bullseye rash and have had Lymes disease for alomost 18 years now.

Thank goodness you are on your way to recovery Splat :dancing: Take care!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Holy crap SPLAT!!!!
I have little time to hop on RM lately, so this is news to me. I am glad that treatment has started and know that you are a strong fit person. Your one tough cookie, so kick some a$$!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Good Luck on your recovery, its important to to be anxious to ride but, its more important not to start riding to soon your matrix needs to rest.

Squeak said:
Dang Splat! Get better ok? Around here its West Nile virus, and I am scared of getting that.
I had West Niles Summer of 02' it kicked my ass, had a 104-105 fever for 5 days, I was burning up. when the fever finally broke i thought I was retarted, it was like my brain was fried it was several days before the foginess went away. in two weeks I lost 18 lbs. the only upside was that I was ill during July so I kept the TV on OLN so I could watch the TDF as I drifted in and out of reality

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Get better soon Splat! :dancing:

If the doc give you the go-ahead you can always roll on a trainer, so when you jump back in the saddle you don't miss a beat.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Hey Splat, sorry to hear about your mishap. Anyhow once you finish those meds, you'll be all set. I know you buddy, you'll be riding like a nut, outdoing everyone on the rides. One thing that might help you is after your done with your medicine, don't think about the disease any longer.

It's like "Hi, I'm Bill and I'm an alchoholic" Now if Bill doesn't want to be an alchoholic, then why is he continuously telling himself he is?

Sorry to go off on a metaphysical rant. Heal up buddy. Remember, the mind is more powerful than the body, and more powerful than a punk ass little virus.

PEDAL THAT BIKE AND SWEAT THAT ****E OUT.

Knuckle

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
splat said:
I was eating lots of soup while I was in te hospital. and Now since they finally figured it out and it is curable , you can make jokes ! and from you bill I know you too well ,you can always make jokes !
So now you are out of the hospital and self administering IV medication.

Like your camel back wasnt full enough already.

Please let me know exactly when and how you contracted the Lymes. Your lap times at Dalton improved 25% and if this symptom is applied to the rest of the team we are sure to win next year.

bill

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
justbill said:
Please let me know exactly when and how you contracted the Lymes. Your lap times at Dalton improved 25% and if this symptom is applied to the rest of the team we are sure to win next year.

bill
Bill, you are a sick man. Probably why everyone likes you. Or maybe it's your culinary skills. :evil:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
im surprized they let you administer antibiotic to yourself... i would think it would be like in the meaning of life, when you ask what do i do, and they say "nothing, youre not qualified." anyways, get better

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well the good news is that it was figured out and you are on your way to recovery. its sucks you cant ride , but you will be able to soon enoughj.... best of luck

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Female horse and deer flies are vicious, painful biters. They feed on the blood of cattle, horses, jackasses,mules, hogs, dogs, deer, other warmblooded animals, and even humans. These flies cut through the skin with their knife-like mouthparts and suck the blood for several minutes. When they fly away, a drop or two of blood usually exudes from the wound, permitting secondary feeding sites for other nuisance insects. The flies are potential vectors of such diseases as anthrax, tularemia, anaplasmosis, hog cholera, equine infectious anemia, and filariasis. Also, deer and horse flies are suspected of transmitting Lyme disease (New England Journal of Medicine 322:1752, 1990). Biting deer flies frequently attack humans along summer beaches, near streams, and at the edges of moist, wooded areas. Some people, when bitten, suffer severe lesions, high fever, and even general disability. Symptoms are allergic reactions to hemorrhagic saliva poured into the wound to prevent clotting while the fly is feeding. A person can become increasingly sensitive to repeated bites. Nuisance Autumn horse flies "buzz" people and rest on porches during late summer.

XtCamZ

Chimp
Nov 19, 2003
Fayetteville, Arkansas
I went through something similar this spring and throughout the summer. I found a tick on me that was dead, but was still stuck in my skin. The next morning, it took over 30 minutes before I could move enough to get out of bed. Every joint in my body ached. I finally went to the emergency room that afternoon. They went ahead and did the short and long test. Short came back neg, but they went ahead and treated me for a tick born illness. Long test came back neg. Fast forward one month: I still had some severe joint pain. Doctors were perplexed, so they took about 2 pints of blood and tested for EVERYTHING. 4 days later, they found out I had, get this... Parvovirus B19. Yeah, i thought I had a dog's disease at first. But then he told me it's really common, but less than like 5% get the symptoms I had. Celebrex was my friend from then on out for about another month.

Anyways, I'm glad you're doing better too.

splat

Nam I am
XtCamZ said:
I went through something similar this spring and throughout the summer. I found a tick on me that was dead, but was still stuck in my skin. The next morning, it took over 30 minutes before I could move enough to get out of bed. Every joint in my body ached. I finally went to the emergency room that afternoon. They went ahead and did the short and long test. Short came back neg, but they went ahead and treated me for a tick born illness. Long test came back neg. Fast forward one month: I still had some severe joint pain. Doctors were perplexed, so they took about 2 pints of blood and tested for EVERYTHING. 4 days later, they found out I had, get this... Parvovirus B19. Yeah, i thought I had a dog's disease at first. But then he told me it's really common, but less than like 5% get the symptoms I had. Celebrex was my friend from then on out for about another month.

Anyways, I'm glad you're doing better too.
Dam that sounds so familiar!! Glad they figured your out also ( finally )

Celebrex was fast becoming a very good friend , till they put me in the hospital and morphine became my friend :)