Quantcast

My new 08 Morewood Izimu

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Just thought I'd share a pic of my new Izimu as I had a few queries with the build that you guys helped me out on so thought I'd return the favour with a tasty new bike shot..

And a nice riding shot to go with it aswell..

My girlfriend took the photos, shes just getting into phoptography so any comments or critique welcome.

Cheers!

Si..

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
That looks really nice, all the colours compliment too :cheers:

Not in england by any chance are you? - cannock chase? (if not excuse me i have spent too long online this week)

Rick

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Haha yea I'm in England, and yea I do ride at Cannock Chase but that shot was taken at Cheddleton Heath in the Peak District! Spooky how you said that though!

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
It´s a clean, simple and very fast looking bike!

Red and white, very nice.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
looks awesome, where did you get it?
www.derryaircycles.co.uk

And yea, hones cos theyre light, strong enough for me and a good price, I didnt really see any reason to spend more.

Cheers for all the comments, I'll get a few more riding shots up later. I am really pleased with it, nice and simple but rides so good, Ive been on a Sunday for 3 years and swore by it, but this seems to ride just as good. Ok, theres maybe a few riding situations that it doesnt feel quite as good as the Sunday, but there are also areas where this bike feels better so it all evens itself up eventually. What I really buzz off on this bike though is how much fun it is to ride, it just puts a smile on my face everytime I go out on it.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread but I did not want to start another one, PM me if you want me to delete the pic.

My 2008 morewood izimu

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Haha no worries sweet ride, I think mine looks better though eh! Nah only kidding, enjoy it..

Will put some more riding photos up when I get chance.

Si..

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Its an old e13 SRS but I have a Shaman Racing bash on it. Plan on changing to E13 LG or MRP G2 in the future.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Its a Morewood free for all! The white one dont do it for me I'm afraid, and wow, those bars are high!

Anyway, a few more riding shots that my girlfriend took..

Again comments or suggestions welcome on the pictures..

Simmo

Chimp
Jul 5, 2005
Hitchin, UK
Si! That looks awesome.. Strangely similar to mine haha, lovin the white wheels!

You've prob ridden it more than I've ridden mine already!! I'm back for hopton though, you racing?

Also what does it feel like with the shock in the slackest position? Wondered about tryin it, but can never be bothered incase the bb is hideously low!

Ste (ur red morewood twin)

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Hey Steve! Nah I'm not doin Hopton mate, gashed me leg up pretty bad a few weeks ago so gonna sit it out I think. Next race I do now I'll be racing the old men! Haha.

Will have to sort some riding out over winter, maybe a few weekends up North Wales riding my tracks with the rest of the boys if you fancy coming up..

And I wouldnt run mine anything other than low and slack, I love it!

Si..

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
A few photo critiques:
She should shoot at a faster shutter speed, for 2 reasons. 1: She will be able to stop the action (no blur). 2: It will let less light in and the photos won't be so over exposed.
She has a good eye for composition, all she needs to do is small tweaks and the photos will look great.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Thanks mate, much appreciated, I might start a seperate topic and throw a few of her other shots up to get some more suggestions, she's really enjoying it and pretty keen for advice..

Si..

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
She could try to pan a bit more, ie follow the rider when he passes. To do this she would have to find a got position for herself alongside the track.

Use a flash?

Experiment with the distance, using a longer lens or zooming in, or get up very close to the subject.

Use wide angle lens.

All this you can do with a standard zoom, just to get the feel for the differences. The second photo is great with all the leaves and dirt, I like the idea/composition.