Quantcast

My new (2009) Yeti 303rdh

DougPhillips

Chimp
Feb 21, 2010
It was time to move on from my 07 Stinky Deluxe and grab a bike that I've been yearning for a while now. I found a used 303Rdh for sale from Road 34 bikes in CO and jumped on it a few weeks back. The bike had some scuffs and scratches, and some flat spots in the rims. So before she was shipped, new 729's were laced on.
She finally arrived last week and I spent the week buffing and waxing it, putting it together and waiting on a few lingering parts to finally come in. Tonight my Chromag Director stem showed up and I put on the finishing touches. In my driveway test drive she feels light and pedals well. That's about all I can note so far. The rear sag is perfect at 30% but I'm only an inch from bottoming out the 40 around my driveway (I'm 6'0", 215) so I know a stiffer spring is a must before the season starts. Fox says the Green spring is good for someone to 210lbs, and yellow 210+, but does anyone around my weight(210-220 depending on what I did that weekend) have any input as to which spring to go with? Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

DougPhillips

Chimp
Feb 21, 2010
Did you ride it to the dentist that day?
I'll be going to the dentist for sure if I do any real riding with this fork set up. Is there any insight from some riders who have purchased green or yellow springs? I fear that the yellow will be a harsh ride over the small stuff. With ramped up compression and bottom out will I be fine with the spring for 180-210 pounders?

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
well.. I weigh very close to 150 with all my gear on.. and I run the sub 150 spring in my 40.
I just run more compression that I think some one else would...

it performs fine

.Eben.

Chimp
Mar 31, 2009
I weigh about 180 and run a yellow Ti spring and lots of high and low speed compression in an '08 40. If I had an '09 I'd still run a yellow spring, just less damping.

I switched up from green ti and don't feel like I lost any small bump compliance