Quantcast

My New All-Mountain Bike.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Built her up last night. 07 Giant Trance. This will be my new 4x, DS, All-Mountain bike. I used most of my parts off my last 4x bike. The only thing I have to do is change out the seat post to a Thomson when it comes in and I have plans to replace the Rock Shox Revelation to a Fox 32 Talas RLC.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Isnt that bike going to have a considerably different geometry then the last bike? As is, it has a 70.5 HA and 73.5 sa with a 4" travel fork. I guess if you run the 32 at 5" it will pull the angles back closer to a 4x/DJ bike? I know you are smooth and light and all, but flying that thing off something big would make me want to weld a big gusset at the head/top tube.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Isnt that bike going to have a considerably different geometry then the last bike? As is, it has a 70.5 HA and 73.5 sa with a 4" travel fork. I guess if you run the 32 at 5" it will pull the angles back closer to a 4x/DJ bike? I know you are smooth and light and all, but flying that thing off something big would make me want to weld a big gusset at the head/top tube.
Rob, why do you have to get all technical? All I can say is I like the way it feels. It feels better than my old bike. Trust we when you ride it you will like it!!! For 4x and Ds I run my fork at 100mm. I only run 130mm win I am on a downhill run on a cross country ride other than that it’s set at 100mm.:cheers:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Rob, why do you have to get all technical? All I can say is I like the way it feels. It feels better than my old bike. Trust we when you ride it you will like it!!! For 4x and Ds I run my fork at 100mm. I only run 130mm win I am on a downhill run on a cross country ride other than that it’s set at 100mm.:cheers:
The riding position on your old bike felt very similar to my Heckler, but obviously it was probably 6/7llbs lighter.

If you are racing that thing set at 100mm that's cool.
Its all about your comfort level for sure, but man you are "technically" sitting a lot further up and over the bars on that bike compared to your last offering. 70.5ha/73.5sa !

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
The riding position on your old bike felt very similar to my Heckler, but obviously it was probably 6/7llbs lighter.

If you are racing that thing set at 100mm that's cool.
Its all about your comfort level for sure, but man you are "technically" sitting a lot further up and over the bars on that bike compared to your last offering. 70.5ha/73.5sa !
I can run the seat as low as I did on the Nadiza for 4x, DS, and DJ's. I don't think that will be a problem. You will like it when you see it in person.