Quantcast

My new AM rig!

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I know this isnt particularly DH but I think most DHers appreciate a solid all mountain bike. Heres my new do everything bike for 2011. Just washed it after a ride. Bike pedals so well and handles rough stuff super nicely as well. Only upgrades were some Deity Dirty30 bars and Deity pedals. Also took off the dropper seat post and put an old Thompson one on there. Any other questions lemme know. Oh btw its a 2011 Enduro Expert, the "test bike" color. Also sorry the pics are pretty awful...

p5pb7484672.jpg
p5pb7484665.jpg
p5pb7484674.jpg

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I agree that a good dropper post would be pretty solid but the stock one is pretty lame. Cant adjust the heights. The highest is shattering my testicles. Middle is still slightly too high and low is fine. Its like they dont adjust for this being a medium bike. I think small-large would all have the same post making the three preset heights unusable comfortably. Was considering another aftermarket one in the future, however.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree that a good dropper post would be pretty solid but the stock one is pretty lame. Cant adjust the heights. The highest is shattering my testicles. Middle is still slightly too high and low is fine. Its like they dont adjust for this being a medium bike. I think small-large would all have the same post making the three preset heights unusable comfortably. Was considering another aftermarket one in the future, however.
which one did the bike come with?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt

Command post is only 4 or 5 inches adjust. If you have it all the way in your seat tube and its too high at full extension you probably should have bought a small frame.

I'm on a medium stumpy with a command post. I usually have about 3 inches of post showing below the adjustable part. I set it up so full length=full leg extension for climbing. Medium (-1 inch) I don't use much but is good for flattish technical stuff, and all the way down for descending. Other than maybe the reverb, seems like the best adjustable post on the market to me...

Those enduros are really sweet though. If I was gonna bump up in travel on my trailbike I would be looking at one of those for sure.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
X4 on adjustable post

Have a reverb on my one and put the Thomson on to shave weight. Yep that lasted about 2 hours the reverb is going back on. A good dropper is worth its weight, it gets used way too much and keeps a ride smooth and consistant.

Planning on slapping one on the Sunday as well for the pedalling back to the lift and to the trail heads.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
the stock one is pretty lame. Cant adjust the heights. The highest is shattering my testicles. Middle is still slightly too high and low is fine.
Try leveling your seat out, it'll make it much more tolerable, and pedal friendly for proper AM. That angle looks painful for just about everything but DH.

New bike looks sweet!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Those bikes are nice, but they are certainly oriented toward the gravity side of riding. I had one and thought it climbed poorly in comparison to other similar travel bikes. I ended up going back to my Reign/Trance and 6 point and have no regrets in selling the Enduro. It certainly would not be the bike I chose for "doing everything".

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Those bikes are nice, but they are certainly oriented toward the gravity side of riding. I had one and thought it climbed poorly in comparison to other similar travel bikes. I ended up going back to my Reign/Trance and 6 point and have no regrets in selling the Enduro. It certainly would not be the bike I chose for "doing everything".
Tend to agree but I wouldn't word it so strongly. The Enduro is one of those bikes where many will want to be switching the propedal from full on to full off fairly frequently on rides. Not the end of the world.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Yeah i play with the propedal quite often. As for the command post maybe im just not sold on it yet as it probably takes a bit of getting used to. Havent thrown it out by any means. If i feel the need for it ill put it back on.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Yeah i play with the propedal quite often. As for the command post maybe im just not sold on it yet as it probably takes a bit of getting used to. Havent thrown it out by any means. If i feel the need for it ill put it back on.
The switch does feel kinda crappy compared to a Reverb, but yeah once you get the hang of it, Love mine on my SJ evo..