Quantcast

my new bee helmet

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've had bugs get stuck in my helmet. While I wear a skull cap for other reasons, I'd wear it just to keep the bugs out of my hair and crawling around.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
My Trek Anthem has somne huge vents that suck in bugs. They usually quickly fly out though.

What really gets me are the bees that fly into the half open jersey :dead:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Wait until you hit a wasp at 40+. I hit one so hard it buried it's stinger in the throat notch of the collar bone (whatever that's called). Ouch. I almost lost control of the bike trying to kill the second one, which survived the impact and was crawling around my jersey.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I believe your talking about the "Clavicle"
I had a bee go up my sleeve once on a downhill I just let him crawl around in there after he stung me till I could stop.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a neck to Bumble Bee collision at 100mph on the motorcycle once. Ouch!!

Haven't had too many bug problems riding on the road but on trail rides I've had spiders spin webs inside my helmet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
damn man! Just how slow were you going??!! :D
Ha!

This time of year there are so many spiders out onthe trail you get a facefull of web every 20 yards or so. By the end of a ride I am covered with webs and some of the little critters start making a home on my helmet. Never had one bite me so I could care less, figure they might actually eat some ticks I could pick up.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i've dubbed my helmet the black hole. i get **** in it all the ****ing time. it's a matte black so i figured nothing would fly into like what you'd think would go on with a bright colored helmet ;/

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ah, good point ^

We already have the TrunkMonkey. Why not the HelmetSpider? Maybe we could get dh_girlie to beta test?

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Assos bandanna, under either my E2 or Pneumo. Having a shaved head means red a and white stripes otherwise from the sunburn.

But it has stopped a wasp stinging my head which is a bonus over not having head cancer when I'm older.