Quantcast

My new bike

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Uh oh......it's a Trek :eek: with Shimano :eek: :eek: with a SID :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

It's pretty much mine. I sold my other Fuel, and just have to draw the $$ from Paypal and give a down payment to the LBS. As shown it's a portly 23.75lbs. I'm going to put on Triple-ti Eggbeaters, Pork Rind grips, SLR saddle, I'll take the tubes out of the tubeless tires, and remove the spoke guard and reflector. I'm gonna add a Lizard Skins chainstay protector, computer, and Bontrager carbon bottle cage and maybe a carbon stem. It should easily peg the scale below 23lbs.

Yay! Rapid rise! :think: :blah:

There's the Motion Control rear shock w/ poplock

Dual Control shifters with remote lockout(which activates both front and rear lockouts with the flip of one lever)

CoMo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
SoCal
So first i have to race it at the next race and make sure its ok, then you can take it home. ;)

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Carbon Fetish said:
I thought Pomona got hooked up with Cannondale for 2005? Not sporting the sponsored product?

Well, we are. I could have actually got a C'dale thru my work (Sport Chalet) for slightly cheaper than the sponsorship price, but the LBS(Foothill cyclery, last year's team sponsor) work out a deal so that the Trek was about the same price, but I could slowly pay it off after putting $$ down from selling my old bike(whatever I got for it). No interest either, I basically just have to put their sticker on it. Otherwise, there would be no way I could afford a new one.