Quantcast

My new bike!

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
Bought the frame off a local grease monkey... he had only put 50km on it since he acquired a Ninja 1100.

Specifications:

Giant TCR Cyclocross frame
XT/Alexrims DH22 wheelset with black DT Swiss Spokes
Magura Julie Hydros
Special Ed bar ends
Onyx flat bar
Ouri grips
Front XTR shifter LX derailleur, Real 42 / Blackspire 32 rings, Raceface Northshore XS cranks with Raceface CroMo BB
Rear LX shifter XT short cage derailleur XT 11-34 cassette
Michelin Urban tyres
Kalloy seatpost
Radical Hayride saddle

I decided against blue anodized nipples ($1 a piece!)

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
yeah, nice whip. I've been itching to build something like that for early spring on/off road rides and commuting. I'd be tempted to run that with drop bars and CX tires. I guess I'll be sticking to my beatdown fixie for now, though.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
I have already started to commute with it (45 minute ride)...

The rims are beefy, so I will just put some fatty tyres for off-road excursions. I plan on schooling my gf with her full squishy and my dad-in-law with with XC mountain machine....

this bike is fast, stiff and super comfy. I'm a mountain biker to the core, so I will not be employing drop bars.

that, and I don't think I can use hydros and drop bars... if I did that, the look-cool-factor will be negative!

:D

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
its gettin better everyday! I might put some goodridge hoses on, but this ride is sweet for now.

New stuff:

XT disc brakes with 203mm A2Z adapter up front
SDG Ti saddle (from back in the day)
Ultegra 12-27 cassette
Gossamer EXO crankset
Velocity Deep V / Ringlé / double butted spokes times 36 holes

and the bike in the background is my wife's ride - bought for her on my b-day...

Attachments