Quantcast

My New Bike

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Yeah, I know black tires own the tire business. The next set will be black, the red ones just caught my eye's first.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BussaFrame said:
Yeah, I know black tires own the tire business. The next set will be black, the red ones just caught my eye's first.

HAHA.. Everyone elses too.

Looks good though

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Interesting build for the team replica 4x frame. What kind of rear hub are you running?

I'd also recommend flipping your shock so the reservoir is on the underside. Right now it looks like it might hit the frame.

dexterq20 said:
Interesting build for the team replica 4x frame. What kind of rear hub are you running?

I'd also recommend flipping your shock so the reservoir is on the underside. Right now it looks like it might hit the frame.
should be fine, jsut trickier to get the shock pump in. with the swingarm and shock path all will be good

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I am running a dimension 12 mm thru on the rear, it is 36 hole laced up to a ex 823. So far I have had no problems with it. The only really interesting thing on the bike is the fork. I just didn't go with a lefty during the original build, but that might change. I'm not using it to race, just my everyday trailbike, so it has a DRS instead of an SRS.

Also thanks for the tips on the tires, I will keep an eye on those. Zman, maybe I will put a lefty on that guy in time. Catch you at the Open.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jayridesacove said:
Those model of michelin's tend to wear fast so keep that in mind.
negative on that one, that particular model of Michi's are much harder compound than the other Michi tires (and are ONLY available in red unfortunately). I had a set of those for over a year (of riding at least twice a week plus to and from work everyday on pavement) and they are still in good shape. The only downside is the sidewalls are paper-thin and I was running them tubeless so a rip in the sidewall means you have to run a tube. IMO they don't get very good traction but they are the lightest 2.5 on the market with a semi-aggressive tread at ~600gms I think.

What does your whole bike weigh? (29-30#?)

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
My whole bike comes in around 32 lbs with pedals. The Michi's I put on are supposed to have the re-enforced sidewalls. I hope that they hold up, I am running tubeless also. And your right the tires are right around 600 grams.