Quantcast

My New bike!!!<-----

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
Since I havent changed anything, this picture is off the Specialized website. I probably won't change anything but the grips, gotta ride it first. BUT HERE IT IS:

My doctor thinks that i tore a ligament in my latest crash...about three weeks ago. SO i might have to have a couple little tiny pins in my wrist for a while. Who knows when I'll be able to ride it...but for now it sits in my living room and im staring at it. cant wait to test it out!!!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
BIGHIT756 said:
Since I havent changed anything, this picture is off the Specialized website. I probably won't change anything but the grips, gotta ride it first. BUT HERE IT IS:

My doctor thinks that i tore a ligament in my latest crash...about three weeks ago. SO i might have to have a couple little tiny pins in my wrist for a while. Who knows when I'll be able to ride it...but for now it sits in my living room and im staring at it. cant wait to test it out!!!
Aww yes sitting in the living room and staring at new stuff that you cant use yet. I too have done this its depressing yet exciteing(spelling?). well anyway sweet bike cant wait to see ya tearing it up on the new beast! by the way how much does that thing weigh?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Sweet rig, I'm thinking of getting that for my next trail bike. Not much would needs to be changed on it, just a few components for personal preference. Congrats!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
cove rider said:
by the way how much does that thing weigh?
My large was 39.4lbs stock, weighed by Jesse himself, when I picked it up. If its a small, then maybe a pound less?

About time you got that thing Jesse. Sucks about the wrist though.

This past Saturday was week #6 for me, off the bike, for a ligament tear in my lower back. Rehab is soooooo boring!

Sep 8, 2004
Nice bike Jesse! It'll be odd seeing that at the 'barn, but cool for sure! Good luck on the wrist, they are a pain. I broke mine a year ago, and it still is only 90-95% back to normal. Don't rush it! Just make sure you are ready for whistler season!

-James.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
hey every body...look it's JIMBO!!!"LOL"

sweat jesse! you should come down to the barn this sunday to hang out and show off your new bike!

P.S. i've got 360's down over the big box again!!!
well time to head to ****y school....................

boombatz

Chimp
Sep 29, 2005
south florida
my medium weighed 38.5lbs out of the box...

this bike is awesome. It handles everything. It even dirtjumps well. However, If you plan on doing much pedaling with it you might want to change the cranks. The bikes only weak spot IMO.

The BB is 149mm. It feels like you're pedaling a pony. And because of the chain guide it uses the next smaller sized BB (133 I believe) is just too short even if you take off every-single-spacer that comes on that guide. And those crappy truvativ cranks creak if you even freakin look at them funny... that drives me nutts.

I switched to a set of Race Face Evolve DH's. Cheap, strong, and they haven't made a peep yet.

The rear shock is a little under-sprung too. I had to up the spring by 100lbs and I weight a buck-50 soaking wet.

Otherwise the SX Trail is an amazing bike. I think it will go down as one of the classics. I hope you get to ride your's soon. :)

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
after getting the bike friday night, and being sick since thursday.....today (tuesday) is the first day I actually took the bike out on my street and actually rode on it. It feels awesome, but there is really no way for me really see how it is with jumping and stuff. I'll have to wait on that :/

elRey

Turbo Monkey
BIGHIT756 said:
after getting the bike friday night, and being sick since thursday.....today (tuesday) is the first day I actually took the bike out on my street and actually rode on it. It feels awesome, but there is really no way for me really see how it is with jumping and stuff. I'll have to wait on that :/
you didnt take it off any sweet curbs?

nice bike!!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
boombatz said:
And those crappy truvativ cranks creak if you even freakin look at them funny... that drives me nutts.

I switched to a set of Race Face Evolve DH's. Cheap, strong, and they haven't made a peep yet.
QUOTE]

So its the cranks that make that creaky sounds when pushing down hard on the pedals? Sounds about right, cause both my Demo and SXTrail have the same cranks...and they both creak. I always thought it was something to do with the BB. Shows you how much I know about bikes.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Netguy said:
boombatz said:
And those crappy truvativ cranks creak if you even freakin look at them funny... that drives me nutts.

So its the cranks that make that creaky sounds when pushing down hard on the pedals? Sounds about right, cause both my Demo and SXTrail have the same cranks...and they both creak. I always thought it was something to do with the BB. Shows you how much I know about bikes.
Its acctually a mix of the two cause it creaks where the cranks attach to the BB, and thats why if you put some grease on yer BB it stops creaking because it also ands up putting grease on the crank too (the inside part that attaches).:)

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
downhillracer said:
ryan-
now jesse and i have better rigs than you.
haha
:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: you..................you just wait mister he he he