Quantcast

My new bike

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I really did get the 575 all built up and took it for the shakedown ride with Manhattanprjkt this afternoon. And for those who say a thread is worthless without pics here goes...

right now I am sitting back and enjoying a beer out of my Yeti pint glass that is ~10 years old. I have always liked Yeti's but just ended up getting around to getting one! it is a little backwards that I got the glasses first but oh well at least I am on track now!

the Headbadge that rules! what a beefy looking thing.

and here is where I broke it in. This is just prior to the ride, and we only stayed out for a bit just to get everything checked over, so I didn't get any good ride shots. but tomorrow we are putting in a full day of riding, so I should have some good shots of the bike in action!

It is a Black ano 575 with the enduro package, Ti-Bolt kit (no rust) and a Talus upgrade!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That looks really nice, although in the pic it looks really short and tall.

Have fun on that thing!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
maxyedor said:
Looks great! except that rear brake line.
Good EYE...:thumb:

I need to take about 4" out of it, and the bleed kit is on loan. I know it can be done without the bleed kit, but if something goes wrong (and it usually does) I want to have the bleed kit there to make sure the brakes are good to go as soon as I start the project.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Nice post brunge, i still can barley move after yesterday's ride.
I feel great (muscle wise I don't feel crampy or anything)... I don't think the wall I hit was "out of shape wall" as much as no fuel wall. I also think that pace was WAY TO fast for me haveing been off the bike for a month! I am still consuming food at an alarming rate, trying to get my energy stabilized.

I ate 2 full plates of Turkey meatloaf, lentil loaf, Peas, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy, with a bowl of fruit salad for desert... and if I could have fit any more in I would have... I knew my body needed it.:dead:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BigMike said:
New Bikes rule!

I've always liked Yeti's as well.

as my Jewish Grandmother would say: "Use it in the best of health!" :D
Yes They do.

We went on a hell of a ride and put a sereous hurt on. I bonked, and had to sit trailside and eat a gu, and 2 clif bars just to make it back to the car. The guys we were riding with set a lightning fast pace on mostly trails that were new to us. It was awesome to see the trees with buds on them and the trails were in awesome condition.

Well your Grams and I have a lot in common, cause everytime I sell a bike part to someone, I say a little good luck mantra, of "ride this in good health"

Thanks man:thumb:

SkaredShtles said:
Nice ride!
hooples3 said:
nice bike... have fun!!
thanks guys, I hope I can do it justice cause it is a hell of a bike.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
nice ride, brungeman, and it sounds like it's immediately paying smile dividends.
Yep it is! this thing really smokes on the downhills and does pretty damn well on the climbs... now if I only had a little more energy for the big ride! ARGH:dead:

Dirtjumper999 said:
do you like your stack height that high, it looks like you have 40mm on that thing.
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeah i was telling him to throw those bad boys on top of the stem or cut it....
Well, I still haven't figured out what height I am going to run. I am going to start by shifting a few of the small spacers to the top before I cut any more ot the steertube. I like the bar height up but maybe not as up as it is:D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
brungeman said:
Good EYE...:thumb:

I need to take about 4" out of it, and the bleed kit is on loan. I know it can be done without the bleed kit, but if something goes wrong (and it usually does) I want to have the bleed kit there to make sure the brakes are good to go as soon as I start the project.
I used to build 8-10 of those a week, I had the enduro kit memorized. I tend to notice crap like that.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
dfinn said:
is that a medium or a large?
Its a large

maxyedor said:
I used to build 8-10 of those a week, I had the enduro kit memorized. I tend to notice crap like that.
yeah I was going to do it but when I checked for the bleed kit it was on loan to one of our friends, so I would rather ride than wait around so I zip tied it up and away we went.

by the end of my ride, Race Face cranks were loose, and the der. hanger was missing a bolt. The der. hanger didn't bother me that much, I cranked on the bolts just to make sure they were tight the night of the shakedown ride (before the long ride on Sat.) and they seamed tight! next time a little locktite and things will be good. The cranks kinda pissed me off, cause I torqued them the build day and then after the shakedown run. Everything was good then 14 hard miles later the thing was loose enough that I could have taken it off by hand.:rolleyes: does that sound right? I didn't think so. but does it sound familiar?

jacksonpt said:
Awesome!!! Congrats on the purchase.
Thanks man, and special thanks for your input! as of my first impressions I think I made the right choice it really is a heck of a bike!