Quantcast

My New Bike!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congratulations!

Does BV have a road bike too?
BV has, uh, some road slicks for the Sovereign so he can suffer along painfully for some rides with the 36t big ring.

Depending on how painful it is, BV may acquire a road bike in the future.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
BV has, uh, some road slicks for the Sovereign so he can suffer along painfully for some rides with the 36t big ring.

Depending on how painful it is, BV may acquire a road bike in the future.
Very. If you don't want to get a road bike, DO NOT go for a ride with her. At all. It usually only takes 1-2 rides of trying to keep up with someone on a road bike before you go out and buy one yourself.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Not every ride is a race.
You have to try to not drop someone who's riding a mountain bike unless they're in a lot better shape than you are.

I must confess though, I'm a huge fan of racing people who don't know we're racing. Winning practice at DH races is also very important.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
You have to try to not drop someone who's riding a mountain bike unless they're in a lot better shape than you are.
This. It's not about whether the person on the road bike is consciously trying to race or not, it's more like whether the person on the road bike is consciously trying to ride slow enough that the other person can keep up.