Quantcast

My new camera (pics inside)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
well, i've been contemplating a new camera for a while and after tripping on a root at the local dj spot and getting dirt all inside my old one....i had the perfect excuse to buy something newer.

i really wanted a dig SLR but i lacked the knowledge (and money) to truly utilize one to the extent that would warrant the price tag. so i did a lot of research and found this: http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ7K_black/4505-6501_7-31684200.html

it's simple enough for my wife and i to use for general kid stuff but also has A LOT of options that i can use as my camera knowledge expands. it has a hi-sensitivity mode (iso 1600) for those lowlight shots, but, as you'll see...i'm still trying to figure that stuff out.

i can go switch to full manual focus, ajust aperature/shutter speed and light sensitivity and the basic "sports" mode works pretty well, although i've found it to be more fickle in less than perfect light conditions. the 3 fps full res burst mode is nice though :thumb: and it came with a hood to boot! the camera and a 1GB card for under $400.

anyway, i'd love to read some basic tutorials on "above basic" shooting, so if any of you photo monkies can direct me i'd be most grateful. i plan on taking the photo class during the spring semester at school as well.

so, here are a bunch of random shots i took during the first few days i had the camera. don't be too harsh, i'm just starting out with this not-just-point-and-shoot phase in my life :D

lil manimal in mid-somersault on one of the slides at my side job

lil fe-manimal in mid slide (these are burst shots)

baby fe-manimal ready for a nap

lil manimal climbing a tree (i was about 50' away for this shot, love the 12X zoom :D )

crooked frame, i know...but a cute shot. my old camera would have blurred like crazy trying to shoot a moving object w/out prefocus

one of my favorites. in the van playing w/ the camera. noah decided to pose "like a ninja" with the tire pressure gauge. i was messing w/ the aperature in this one....still dont have it figured out yet :confused:

this camera processes color MUCH better than my old sony

good colors

low-light shot....still trying to figure those out w/ the flash and all

sorry for the small size on some of these, i downsized them before i uploaded to photobucket but they still shrunk them even more :mumble: :help:

now...i hope t-pirate doesn't post any ride shots right away to put my meager camera skills to shame ;)