Quantcast

My New Commute

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I finally figured out a relatively safe route to the office from my new house. A majority is through parks (optional singletrack, time-permitting :) ) or on paved bike trails, but there are some roads with unknown amounts of traffic. Roughly 20 miles each way.

http://tinyurl.com/a43ub

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well done, man! My commute is pretty direct, with a short excursion through a quiet neighborhood and then almost all bike path to our business park. ~18 miles each way. Makes for a good workout 3 days a week. :thumb:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
nice! that's a great route, a rare find in this area.

i'm spoiled around here with my 2 mile merrifield -> falls church commute. hard to even break a sweat.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
corey_dcstreet said:
nice! that's a great route, a rare find in this area.

i'm spoiled around here with my 2 mile merrifield -> falls church commute. hard to even break a sweat.
some3times i wish i had a longer commute ... mine is just under 6 miles... I just start to get going and i have to stop. But i am sure id complain that it was too long if it was 15 miles+

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Give it a go and post pics from the route. There is a route I could take that could include some singletrack through a town park - but where I would enter seems to be closed and has been for over a year now. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing there. :confused:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
My only real concern is the road stretch at miles 8-10. I have no idea how much traffic to expect.

Mark, most of bike trail sections look like this.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sweet - That's the perfect distance, because you actually get a decent workout while saving money and the environment.