Quantcast

My new commuter - Women will want me and Men will fear me

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
vespa wouldn't work for me, it's just a moped and I'd have to be on the highway for a short amount of time. The units I am looking at will go 70mph or faster.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I said nothing about rushing and I would realistically only be driving it about 120 days a year. I'm gonna wear my 661's so I'll be alright :D

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
There are vespas that go 70+ mph. The older gas powered ones were pretty much just funny looking motor cycles.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'm kicking this idea around. Megan will kill me but she may just have to deal with it. I dont know... I'm going to have to do something. Still wishing I could find a safe rout to pedal, but since we moved to a very busy street, just the first 5 miles would take 45 minutes, I need a rout where I can pound it 90% of the way, not dodge traffic for 5 miles then ride hard for 5 only to dodge traffic for another 10 or so miles. Fahk that.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
If he's thinking about getting one of those.............he doesn't :D
Nah, I don't have an ego problem thats all. Never been a motorcycle person and never will be. I figure for my own good I'd be safer (to myself) on something like the Burgman 400 than I would be on a motorcycle. This is all about saving fuel$$$ not looking cool.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
zod said:
You think I'm too proud to drive this thing 30 miles to work each day when it gets 60+MPG. 250cc and it can easily go 70MPH :heart:
I showed it to my wife and she just laughed at me :nuts:

http://powersports.honda.com/scooters/model.asp?ModelName=Big+Ruckus&ModelYear=2005&ModelId=PS2505

Not too sure how much traffic you have where you live, but that thing would be death in Los Angeles. However, it does look like it might be kind of fun to cruise around on, I would be scared sh#tless to take it on the freeway here in Los Angeles, though.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ive said this once and ill say it again: mopeds are like fat chicks, fun to ride until your friends catch you riding one.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Who the hell cares how "cool" you're going to look. If you're trying to save some $$ and get less dependent on the dino-oil, then I say go for it.

If you are concerned about your "cool" image, then buy a Hummer H2. Chicks dig em because it makes up for the guy's small dick.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Scooters rock for two reasons:
1 - they're named after a Muppet
2 - I once got broadsided by a red-light-runner while on a scooter. Would've crushed my leg on a motorcycle. I walked away without a scratch (not to mention rode the sh!te out with my mad steeeeeez). Scooters 1, all-other-forms-of-transportation 0.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
you need to change the title of the thread to "men will want me, woman will laugh at me"

You're a fool, the woman will want me............especially when I wear my matching yellow mack-daddy helmet. Head gear rules :thumb:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I agree...an enduro is the way to go. I rock a P.O.S.125 over here. Great on gas, fits the girl on the back, and you can play on it offroad.

Seoul doesn't have much for enforced traffic laws, so the dirtbike suspension is nice when driving on and off sidewalks, through parks for shortcuts, or outrunning the 16 year old cops on their scooters.