Quantcast

my new DH rig

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
just got back from a nice road trip testing and riding this new machine so I snapped a few pics. I was really surprised to find I was still at 40 lbs with this spec.

Ill be at platte this weekend and highland the next if you would like a closer look. Can't wait to try it on my favorite trails!

I welded this bike and posted this message. You can read my comments here:
http://www.sinisterbikes.com/sbforum/showthread.php?t=1453&page=6

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
After seeing the R9 for so long, I just can't get use to the curves of this one. I gotta get a rode on one of these soon.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That is so freaking dialed looking... That rear end looks mighty light, and mighty stiff, and I sure can't see anywhere to save much weight on the frame itself... Mean

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Very nice - the wheels really set the bike off, i have always had a soft spot for all black builds.

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
Thanks! there was some questions regarding frame stiffness in an earlier thread. I took this picture showing the laterial gusseting and recorded this film. Though it may be not be clear, the frame is mounted only by the BB shell and I am placing all of my 180 lbs. directly on the drops. It deflected 10mm and returned to the original position several times. I guess the 17mm axle is enough..no?

I have enough seat adjustment to get full leg extension and a full slam. I am having a hard time staying on task today. guess a quick lunch ride is on order.

film
MVI_2418 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3562/3488043129_c6da4a8f44_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3488043129@@AMEPARAM@@c6da4a8f44

Apr 10, 2007
Looks like it would ride similar to a Kumicho, no? Pivot looks higher and a bit behind the bb, similar to the Kumicho's layout. How is the brake squat on it?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Frank, you gonna let me do a run on it at Platty? :brows:

Park up top to the right with the old men! - Jim.

EDIT: just remembered, you ride moto...I would kill myself!

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hey frank good to see you're still riding and building bikes :)

i still have very fond memories of my spooky/FTW motorhead.

i like the new bike looks very nice :)

Last edited:

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
thanks everyone, heading to highlands next weekend but I am down whenever you are Dave, brake squat? not sure man, I am not much of a brake dragger. I was able to lift the rear for scrubbing turns and brake very quickly as desired. The pivot seems to be a bit higher and rearward on the Kumicho to me but I am sure the Kumicho is a fine machine regardless. I will be at Platte this weekend, you can ride my bike if you like earlier on saturday or after the races.

jimmy, I have modern brakes now with split perch. you can ride!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
someone should throw the picture of the bike from the rear angle that I saw somewhere else on the interweb yesterday (can't remember where).