Quantcast

My new dream bike - Yeah right!

J

JRB

Anyone that puts XT brakes on a bike, along with a SID, and asks $9,000, should be punched in the mouth. Regardless of the frame type.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just like the Porsche bike that was produced.. A mediocre bike, with mediocre components, at an astronomical price.

Ahh well, something for everyone, right? At least the money went back into the bike market instead of the heroin market.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
thats umm.... dare I say stupid!?

But, you konw someone is going to buy it. If you have a ferrari you never drive, nine grand on a bike you'll never ride is not that much :rolleyes:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
binary visions said:
Just like the Porsche bike that was produced.. A mediocre bike, with mediocre components, at an astronomical price.

Ahh well, something for everyone, right? At least the money went back into the bike market instead of the heroin market.

the porsche bikes weren't that bad.
built by a reputable german frame builder (votec)
the first XC hardtail back in like 98 or something was actually lower priced then the similar bike from votec because porsche wanted a price that ended with 911
so it did cost 2911 DM.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I remember seeing that in MBA a couple of years ago and the MSRP was 10k.

Expensive? Are you guys kidding? That's like, a thousand bucks off. A screaming deal :blah:

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
MtnbikeMike said:

Expensive? Are you guys kidding? That's like, a thousand bucks off. A screaming deal :blah:

Compared to Colnago road bikes it is a deal.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
MtnbikeMike said:

Yah, i saw it in Bike and they said that it definetly didnt ride like 10,000 bucks

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMcG said:
I don't even have a garage let alone Ferrari!
haha word.....

loco-gringo said:
Anyone that puts XT brakes on a bike, along with a SID, and asks $9,000, should be punched in the mouth. Regardless of the frame type.
good eye....
i own those brakes they're better than XTR.
:p
But they're not "lighter" so they do not fit the build.

If i was a millionaire i'd buy it so i could break it. :evil: