Quantcast

my new evil revolt

mjkosmas

Chimp
Oct 2, 2009
so i picked up my revolt today and took it for a little spin. it pedaled great and road pretty well. im 6'1, and 205 pounds with grear. i think im running it a little hard. i have a 450 spring in the rear and the hard steal spring in the 40, but it seems to be to hard. is there anyone on a revolt with a comparable weight that could give me a recommendation on set up?

the frame is a large and the way it sits right now is 42lbs. I'm weighting for twenty6 prerunners, a ti spring and im going to take the steal fox 40 spring out and put the ti spring back in, with those changes i think it will around 40lbs.

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
Sick. How do you find the sizing? And if you mind my asking, what were you riding before? Thank you.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
so i picked up my revolt today and took it for a little spin. it pedaled great and road pretty well. im 6'1, and 205 pounds with grear. i think im running it a little hard. i have a 450 spring in the rear and the hard steal spring in the 40, but it seems to be to hard. is there anyone on a revolt with a comparable weight that could give me a recommendation on set up?

the frame is a large and the way it sits right now is 42lbs. I'm weighting for twenty6 prerunners, a ti spring and im going to take the steal fox 40 spring out and put the ti spring back in, with those changes i think it will around 40lbs.
I'm assuming that you are running the RC4? I didn't look at your pictures too closely before I started typing. With the RC4, at your weight I'd go for a 400. Vanderham is about your size, just a little lighter, and he runs a 400 for most everything except when he foes to Rampage, but he's going HUGE on some of those hits.

If you are trying to save weight start with rotating mass first, then work inboard from there.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mjkosmas

Chimp
Oct 2, 2009
my last bike was a first gen v10 with a 04 boxxer team. so this thing is a lot different.

i am trying to loose some weight and i would go for rotational mass, but there really isnt anything i can do to the wheels. they are 823's, tubeless, with king hubs. i could change the tires i guess. the rear ti spring, ti twenty6's and putting the ti 40 spring back in the front are the only things i can really see making a noticeable difference. thank you for the spring rate DW i was thinking of going with the 400 but there was a 450 at the shop and thought it would be best to try some spring for dropping the coin on a ti spring. thanks michael

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Evil recommends 350-400 steel spring and 325-375 ti springfor someone 200lbs. They have a setting chart for download somewhere. Check the big Revolt thread, it's in there somewhere.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Have I been missing something? Since when do you spec a 25 lb/in lighter spring for Ti? I thought rates were rates... :confused:

they are... it has been discussed before

a lot of the ti springs have far better quality control and are actually coming through at their claimed weight. whereas the steal springs tend to be more inconsistent.

as much as it should be apples to apples, it is not always the case.

but at least the variance is pretty small and a non issue 90% of the time

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Im around 200lbs and riding a 350 steel spring. I have actually ordered a 400 ti spring but think i might have made a mistake. I havent bottomed out and the back is feeling amazing. It sits deep in its travel with the 350 but feels quality.

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I'm about 205lbs and was running a 350lb spring on my Revolt with RC4. The bike felt great and I wasn't feeling any bottoming but Kevin from Evil suggested I try the 400lb spring. It was a noticable improvement, especially on jumps and real g-out type turns. The bike still feels just as plush.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ill take that 450lb spring off your hands if you dont want it anymore.

have you had any problems with the flip chips not coming out?

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
Evil recommends 350-400 steel spring and 325-375 ti springfor someone 200lbs. They have a setting chart for download somewhere. Check the big Revolt thread, it's in there somewhere.
That would be these ones:
For RC4:
http://www.silverfish-uk.com/cms-files/resources/79-7406cdc6994b298307e1454415e49c45.pdf
For DHX5:
http://www.silverfish-uk.com/cms-files/resources/80-d78efe33bcd9a2f4569c50f9562acdc1.pdf
For Vivid 5.1:
http://www.silverfish-uk.com/cms-files/resources/81-60ff72bd9c1cd56f48f669c01d26e2ae.pdf

Last edited:

mjkosmas

Chimp
Oct 2, 2009
thanks for the chart. i will be trying a 400ti and i will start out with those setting. im sure it will ride great even with the stiff spring this this if fast.