Quantcast

My New Freeride Build

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Big thanks to w00dy for his cracked GT Ruckus 2.0

I’m building this up for a low budget freeride rig. I’m going to turn my Vagrant into more of a jump/park/DS bike so I’ve swiped some parts off that. Mainly the cranks, wheel set, stem, and fork.

First off I need to get that (massive) tiny crack fixed… I fabbed up a gusset to have welded in the rear triangle in an effort to direct the forces into the center post of the swing arm, instead of the seat stay welds where they’re prone to cracking. Hopefully getting that taken care of tomorrow at a race shop I used to work at.

Crack:

Gusset fabbed up, fixtured, and ready for weld:

I gave a fresh coat of rattle can paint to the front triangle. The color scheme for the bike is based off an MV Agusta F4 Senna.

Does anyone know where I can get a red saddle from?

For the gold accents I’m getting a handfull of aluminum components Alodine coated.

w00dy’s Custom 1.5 seatpost clamp that I cleaned up and coated. 1.5” clamps are hard to come by…..

Build Spec:

GT Ruckus 2.0 i-Drive
Marz Z150 fork
Fox Vanilla R rear shock, 450# spring (free!)

FSA Pig DH Pro Sealed Headset
Avid BB7’s w/ speed dial 7 levers and flak jacket cables
Funn Stem
Funn Full on Bars
Oury Grips
Funn Hooka FR cranks, 32/bash
Race Face BB
DX Pedals
Sram Chain
Stram X7 Shifter & Rear Der.
Sram Cassette
Hadley Rear Hub, Zoke Front Hub
Rhyno Lite XL’s
Maxxis High Rollers
Some kind of seatpost
w00dy special super deluxe post clamp
Funn DH saddle (temporary)

Bike should be ride able by the end of this week. Stay tuned for updates and more pics.

Monkey
I love it, pedals great and the addition of the DHX shock really made a difference. I got the frame cheap and built the whole bike up myself with the exception of the shock bushing that I had a shop swtich. I still have to get a front derailleur and shifter though, this bike climbs really well for its weight and set-up. I have a left over Pig DH headset as well that I am throwing on next week sometime.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Quick update....there is no ride at this point :shakefist:. I got the gusset all welded up and shaped and it looks amazing. Not to mention it stiffened up the rear triangle exponentially.

I went to paint it and as soon as I put a splash of primer on the thing I found another crack :disgust1: Basically I need to get another bead of weld thrown on there. I'm going to try and get it done this week. The lovely spring weather has picked my spirits up and given me some motivation to get it all together.

It's all mocked up in my garage taunting me. I'll get some pictures of the gusset up here asap.

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
any ideas on where can I get a rear triangle replacement for a ruckus?

also, what's the max. size of rear shock (eye to eye) that I can use on the ruckus?

Monkey
any ideas on where can I get a rear triangle replacement for a ruckus?

also, what's the max. size of rear shock (eye to eye) that I can use on the ruckus?
1: No idea, if anyone knows a source I want one just to keep around.

2: I replaced mine with a DHX that's .375 inch longer i2i than the stock shock, so I just flipped the chipped backwards and called it a day. It's 7.875x2.3 I think. Stock was a vanilla R 7.5x2.3. THe I-drive is pretty picky about the concentric shell position, so I wouldn't go any longer than that.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
So she's finished. I've decided to call her the Crack Whore....Because she's been ridden hard her whole life and is addicted to cracking.

Had a local fab shop weld the last crack up. Put it together Friday and yesterday. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out. It's going to get some red atomlab standard issue pedals and a different saddle, and I need to get a Senna decal made for the sides, but It's rideable and that's what matters.

The gusset GT should have put in there from the start:banghead:....

You almost can't tell them apart!