Quantcast

My new hardtail

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Here's a bad pic of my new mk2 On-One Gimp. Running it with some short cranks that came with it when I bought it, they say Fusion on the side...not sure aobut that though. I bet they're only 160mm though. Kore handlebars, FSA Pig headset, temporary Bontrager 100mmish stem, EXR Comp fork, temporary Bontrager rear wheel w/ Gusset Singlespeed kit, running a 38/18 combo right now, a cool "custom" chain tensioner, Velo saddle, Tahoma seatpost, salsa clamp.

Would have a Veulta Excalibur front wheel, but performance is being gay and keep procrastinating dishing it(they've had it for 3 weeks)...
Soon to have a rear wheel of a Mavic D521/Deore combo...
Might grab some Hookworms or Lopes to get some blingbling going, lol.
Rides sweet, has no brakes currently. I'll probably test it out on some park this weekend or next week.

For those that might ask, the derailleur only has the lower roller on it, I took a spare brake cable/housing, got the cable tensioned to the right spot so that the derailleur keeps the chainline and then cabletied it and twisted the cable through gussets and top tube, LMAO. Why do this you ask? Don't you have horizontal dropouts? Yes, but the chain was too short to run with the wheel further into the dropouts so I added a few bmx chainlinks, again lmao, but then it was like 2/3 down dropouts, and i wanted a shorter wheelbase so I did this.

Notice the reflector on the front wheel from my Trek 820
Bottom pic is a closeup of my chain tensioning thing. And no, the thing looking like a chain tensioner on the dropout is really the derailleur hanger and a small chaintensioner.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
A chain tensioner would just be extra insurance almost. It couldn't hurt, and if something like an E13 was put on there he would have a real bashgaurd too.