Quantcast

My new house in Butte Montana

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've looked at over 50 properties in the last 3 weeks and this is what I have decided on. I made an offer of $125,000.00 (so freaking cheap!!!) on this 830 square foot home built in 1925. It has been gutted and redone with new siding, roof, kitchen, bath, bull-nosed corners and awesome garage. Its well insulated and has had a year around average utility bill of $127.00 per month. The biggest bedroom will accommodate a king size bed the other can easily do a queen size. There is no basement but it does have a 500 square foot cellar. The garage is insulated and heated, nice landscaping with drive through access for a large motor home. The cost is so low I will not have to sell my lake property in Washington.

If the home inspection goes well, I will close on August 28th. :)

My new Casa de Butte

Edit: I don't know how to post frames - the house is on page 2 listed for $127,500.00.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Great looking house. Seems like a steal for that price
Most houses of this size go for a lot less - I'm paying a premium because its all been redone, new electrical, new copper plumbing and new hot water heating system.

You can actually buy a 3000 square foot house in a nice area for $150,000.00 but the winters here are pretty cold. $500.00 heat bills are common.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just curious...what are you doin for a living in Butte?

I wish ya' luck...and help build TONS of new local singletrack...that is the BEST way to become a 'respected local'.

(seriously...figure out the local trail scene, and THEN offer to help, humbly)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
There's a Butte County in Idaho. Their high school mascot is the pirates.

Hee Hee. Butte Pirates.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've always been curious about living in Anaconda (as opposed to Butte), as it appears to have more (ATV) trails...

PS. There's a reason it's cheaper to live in Butte than other places